“Unbeatable value”

Veeceeze Bed And Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
Veeceeze Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 26 Sligo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed here for one night as part of a trip round Ireland. Vanessa was very accomodating and the place was homely and clean. Our stay was made even better by a hot shower, comfy bed, lots of tv channels and a hearty breakfast in the morning, all for an unbeatable price. Would thoroughly recommend.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank MsPotatoHead81

Reviewed 15 September 2010

A great spot. They serve a good breakfast, freshly cooked up, your choice from the menu, plus some fresh fruit and cereals to start. The location is about a 10-15 walk from city centre, so relatively convenient. It is a budget B&B though, and the decor is a bit eclectic. More to the point though, our bed was nothing to speak of (we could feel the springs easily enough). But again, it is budget and the most economical B&B we've come across in Ireland, so full marks for value.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Zharik
Reviewed 15 September 2010

An easy 10-minute or so walk to the old part of Sligo, Veeceeze B & B was a great stopover for us to look around Yeats country and take in a bit of city on our way from Connemara to Donegal. Veeceeze has an boho kind of feel to it--lots of personality and interesting items about. The rooms (we had 2) were definitely snug but comfortable and complete with amenities for tea-making and such, and in the morning we were treated to a lovely breakfast with fresh fruit, fresh bread, many other choices. Vanessa was a great resource, steering us to a brilliant choice for dinner, Tobergal Lane Café, and a good hike the next morning. At 50 Euros per room, furthermore, it was a real bargain, even cheaper than some hostels.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank no_nomad
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Stayed at the Veceeze when visiting Sligo to attend the Leonard Cohen concert, and found it to be a perfect place to stay! While not perhaps the most modern or up to date in decor, we certainly felt we had the best value in Sligo that particular weekend. With very expensive concert tickets, people were then spending many extra Euros on accommodation! But we were looked after so warmly in the Veceeze including tea on arrival for so much less!
The bed was perhaps a little firmer than i prefer but all was very clean and included hairdryer and tea making facilities in the room.
The breakfast was indeed as good asany hotel with a lovely choice from beautifully cooked food to fresh fruit salad. We could thoroughly recommend the Veceeze to anyone like us who has an eye for value for money.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BallyJen
Reviewed 4 July 2010

What a superb place, after driving from Belfast (Monday 28th June) decided on the spur of the moment to check into Veeceeze. As soon as my friend and I walked through the door Vanessa could not have made us feel more welcome, refreshments were provided which we were really grateful for, then we were shown to our room which was clean, tidy and tea making facilities and for us girls the best yet a hairdryer. After resting we decided to go into Sligo and Vanessa again advised us were to eat and the best place for Irish music. We were spolit rotten at this B&B so much so that the other places we stopped at did not compare, in fact traveling back upto Belfast we made a detour so that we could stop again here on the Wednesday, much to the surprise of Vanessa, again we were greated like old friends and the coffee/tea and biscuits were brought out. I would recommend this B&B without hesitation for a warm, friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alison1608
Reviewed 21 May 2010

I was in Sligo for a speech competition and I needed a quiet, clean, efficient place to stay for 2 nights. VeeCeeze guest house provided all that and more. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel welcome. I have to say that customer service was beyond all expectations.

Breakfast starts at 8.00am but because of a business appointment I needed to have breakfast earlier. So Vanessa (of the proprietor) arranged to prepare breakfast for me at 7.30am and this meant that I could have breakfast and make my meaning on time. In addition to this, at the end of my stay I discovered that I had misplaced my credit card. Once again, Vanessa came to the rescue, and said I could phone her with the credit card number after I had returned home. To cap it all off, I left behind a travel adapter. Vanessa, who is by now a superhero in my eyes, said "no problem I'll put it in the post and you'll have it in a couple of days". I asked her how much I owed her for this favour and she said nothing, that she would happily pay for the expense.

I would recommend VeeCeeze guesthouse to anyone who is looking for affordable, clean accommodation with the best customer service in town.

Enjoy

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank erickrainey
Reviewed 21 February 2010

My stay at the Veeceeze B&B in Sligo was nothing short of fantastic. While all of the other B&Bs along Pearse Road were charging 35E per person, Veeceeze only charges 25E for a spotless room, free wireless internet, and a really great breakfast. The hosts were incredibly nice and were knowledgeable as to area attractions and local restaurants.

Veeceeze is located along Pearse Road, one of the main roads leading into Sligo from Dublin and the east. The B&B is about a ten-minute walk or a two-minute drive to the heart of Sligo town, and, coupled with free onsite parking, is an ideal location for exploring Sligo.

Our room was a triple with a double bed and a single bed. It was clean and well appointed with had ensuite bathroom, teamaking facilities, and a hairdryer. The beds were comfortable with crisp, clean sheets. The breakfast in the morning was really incredible with a lot of options ranging from traditional Irish fare to vegetarian options and American favorites. The portions were absolutely HUGE and it really was quite delicious, undoubtedly one of the best breakfasts I've had at a B&B in a long time!

Veeceeze has it all: value, comfort, location, and cuisine. You could pay 70E for another B&B in Sligo and get a similar experience, but with Veeceeze's excellent prices, why would you? I'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple