“Fabulous!”

Limoncello Sardinian Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 120 Restaurants in Sligo
Price range: US$12 - US$58
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Limoncello Sardinian Restaurant is an atmospheric dining venue that provides more than just a place to eat. The menu mirrors the Sardinian philosophy of simple preparation of the freshest ingredients. The secret of this style of cooking is in the quality of the ingredients and the simplicity of the recipes. The aim is to create a restaurant that is fun, unpretentious and most of all an essential part of a visitor's culinary exploration.
Galway, Ireland
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

First time here & cannot recommend it enough!!!Lovely atmosphere. ..not too crowded & cisy decor....menu just long enough & food GORGEOUS!!!Staff lovely...very pleasant & efficient without rushing your meal.Would DEFINITELY return!Great value for money too....

2 Thank Fidelma K

Dublin, Ireland
“Unimpressive”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Chose to eat here based on tripadvisor reviews. First problem: a plastic tablecloth! When you spend €100 for dinner for two, that's not on! Waitress was friendly and reasonably efficient, but made no enquiries when my starter plate was cleared with quite a lot of food still on it. (That was because the leaves on my salad starter were tired to put it politely. My companion's smoked salmon ravioli was pronounced very nice. My main course ( the veal scollopini) was ok, if rather over generous, but was accompanied by very tired and unseasoned carrots and sauté potatoes as a veg side - quite why these were served as a side with a dish which already contained potatoes was a bit of a mystery. My companion's pasta was pronounced delicious if, again, over generous. We finished with delicious ice cream and reasonable coffee. Does not, in my view, deserve the plaudits it got on TA.

1 Thank Ajsper3001
Monaghan, Monaghan, Ireland
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was part of a hen party in this restaurant last night and while the setting is beautiful and the starters in the package came out looking lovely, as a vegetarian with a mushroom allergy I could only eat one of the 5 options on the platter. It was a tasty tomato bruschetta. Thankfully the staff brought some more.

My main course was a spinach and ricotta cannelloni but I have had better from the freezer aisle in a supermarket. It was ok but nothing exciting.

Desert came out as a trio of deserts - tiramisu, chocolate cake and strawberry ice cream, all looking lovely but with flaked almonds on the plate. I notified the waitress that I was allergic to nuts and coconuts and would it be possible to get a desert without them.

A few minutes later she came back and handed me a panna cotta. Luckily because I am vegetarian I wouldn't eat it (panna cotta contains gelatine and also there was a film of jelly on the top) but 2 of my friends sampled it and discovered it had coconut in it.

The lack of thought towards my health and safety is my real gripe here having clearly told the waitress I had allergies. When we informed the waitress at the end of the meal of the problem, she looked horrified and apologised.

I don't think I will be returning here! Everyone else in the party seems to have enjoyed their meal so my review may not be very fair to them, but I think that, having emailed them earlier in the week telling them of my allergies, re-stating them to the waitress and still being given something that would have resulted in me being hospitalised if I had eaten it, is enough reason for me to not be happy.

6 Thank JulieAnnSherlock
Popemobile, Manager at Limoncello Sardinian Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Anne.
For the reference:Despite its name, coconut is not actually a nut, but a fruit.
Vegetarian: You were given every options available on the menu and also asked for any suggestion of yours that we could make for you: yes just for you!

Regardless, despite a fully booked night and no space left, the Restaurant made every effort for you and your whole Party to accommodate a table of 19 of you in a middle of a SATURDAY eve, without a reservation, no deposit, no service charge and a Starter+Main+Dessert menu with plenty of choice for just 20 euro per person.
Call it ''fair'', but we weren't expecting a ''disappointed'' review after all.
So far we shall be the only ones ''disappointed'' of a mediocre gratitude given in this review solely.
Vista, California
“limoncello”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very attentive owner. I had the mushroom risotto with spicy parsley; it was excellent.
The chef sent out two small tomato soups with his compliments to begin our meal. Delicious

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Michael G
Athlone
“well worth a visit”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went there yesterday with 4 children, had great meal. Best pizza for a long time; kids loved the food and whole experience, especially the lights! Empty plates all round, would highly recommend the panacotta for dessert. Would we go back? Definetly

• Visited April 2014