“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Hargadon Bros

Hargadon Bros
Ranked #13 of 128 Restaurants in Sligo
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great menu and excellent old Irish pub, a must see for tourists. Located on the main street in Sligo, there is a really good atmosphere in here night or day.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

A wonderful interior with traditional shop shelving, snob screens and booths. A very good menu. Not super cheap but worth it. The best place on town for a fine range of craft beers.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We were already irked due to only deserts being on offer in the Lyons Cafe. So, were thrilled to see Hargadon's advertising mains. We walked through the doors and were soooo taken by the interior. Really old worldly, with great old booths to sit and eat in. Having perused the menu, I was delighted to see mussels in creamy white wine sauce, as love mussels, wine and cream so I felt I could do no wrong. Oh the dissapointment!!! The sauce was heated cream with skin on.. I eyed my husbands steak sandwich with envy. He had chosen so well. I managed to pry some off his plate and it was delicious as were the rustic chips with skins on. He also got a lovely pint of black stuff... Staff were very friendly and attentive. However, ladies toilets not so great.

1  Thank Marie K
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped here while visiting Sligo as we were both starving. Almost walked past this bar as it's not much from outside. Once inside we chose a booth and the interior can only be described as authentically Irish! Very quaint, dark and with lots of artefacts adorning the walls.

The very pleasant bar man took our order and it arrived very quickly. I opted for the Smoked salmon with wheaten bread and my partner had the chicken panini.

I have never tasted a more delicious lunch, the portions were perfect size and the chutney and cream cheese came in little serving pots. We were very happy with our lunch and if ever in Sligo again we will definitely be back here!!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I would highly recommend anyone visiting Sligo to pop into this cosy bar for food and drink. From the minute I walked in the door I loved it! Staff are v attentive and when they saw us looking for a table they had us seated in minutes for food! I also liked the professional uniform of the staff they looked great. Now down to the food, great selection to choose from, my partner had the steak sandwich I had a pasta dish both excellent, then desert! I ordered once I saw a banoffie pie go to another table, it was as good as it looked and huge the way a desert should be!
We came back again for drinks the next night and sat in a lovely cosy private booth...and for the vino, lovely glasses by the large bottle with white served super chilled the way it should be...go here u won't be disappointed