“Great fare in traditional Irish bar”
Review of Hargadon Bros

Hargadon Bros
Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Sligo
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Sligo, Ireland
“Great fare in traditional Irish bar”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Visited on Saturday April 12 for pre concert meal. My wife had a traditional burger with trimmings while I opted for special salmon with chorizo plate. Both were excellent and complimented with a bottle of very acceptable Shiraz. Total cost just over €50. Service was excellent.

Visited April 2014

Sligo, Ireland
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great menu and excellent old Irish pub, a must see for tourists. Located on the main street in Sligo, there is a really good atmosphere in here night or day.

Visited April 2014
“Charming ambience and great craft beers”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

A wonderful interior with traditional shop shelving, snob screens and booths. A very good menu. Not super cheap but worth it. The best place on town for a fine range of craft beers.

• Visited April 2014
“Don't move a mussel!! ”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We were already irked due to only deserts being on offer in the Lyons Cafe. So, were thrilled to see Hargadon's advertising mains. We walked through the doors and were soooo taken by the interior. Really old worldly, with great old booths to sit and eat in. Having perused the menu, I was delighted to see mussels in creamy white wine sauce, as love mussels, wine and cream so I felt I could do no wrong. Oh the dissapointment!!! The sauce was heated cream with skin on.. I eyed my husbands steak sandwich with envy. He had chosen so well. I managed to pry some off his plate and it was delicious as were the rustic chips with skins on. He also got a lovely pint of black stuff... Staff were very friendly and attentive. However, ladies toilets not so great.

1 Thank Marie K
Belfast, Northern Ireland
“Best lunch ever!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped here while visiting Sligo as we were both starving. Almost walked past this bar as it's not much from outside. Once inside we chose a booth and the interior can only be described as authentically Irish! Very quaint, dark and with lots of artefacts adorning the walls.

The very pleasant bar man took our order and it arrived very quickly. I opted for the Smoked salmon with wheaten bread and my partner had the chicken panini.

I have never tasted a more delicious lunch, the portions were perfect size and the chutney and cream cheese came in little serving pots. We were very happy with our lunch and if ever in Sligo again we will definitely be back here!!