“Irish blessings”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
James Tymon cottage.
Our simple to operate stove with unlimited turf supplied for your stay.
Living room with views over courtyard
Everything you require will be found in our well equipped kitchen.
Old hand made glass with shutters in our bathroom.
19th century wrought iron bed frame.
Looking for a good read? Try one of ours.
View from the landing towards the double doors leading to the front porch.
Relax in our courtyard.
Looking up river from river path.
Path at rear of haybarn.
Garden with views of outbuildings
Snow on stone.
Auyumn colour.
Main bedroom with double bed
Second bedroom with a double and a large (4') single beds.
Living room with satalite tv,books and games or why not relax in front of the fire with a glass of wine
Speckled light on path from Rookery.
Cartway leading through wrought iron gate to meadows beyond
Enjoy a walk on the river path
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Irish blessings”
Reviewed 16 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

My wife and I so enjoyed the cottage. Kieran met us with the fires burning and a delicious apple pie from local bakery. The cottage was spotless and everything from bedding, bath and kitchen needs provided. The town of Gurteen was full of friendly folks and we highly recommend the breakfast at Crossbar pub. The cottage is beside a creek and sits on 30 acres of fields/pastures. To put it simply we found peace and contentment everywhere we were. Thank you Kieran for all you did to make it wonderful! We can’t wait to return We highly recommend James Tymon cottage!
Thomas and Jeannie Verrecchio

19 Mar 2018
It was a great pleasure meeting both of you and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the cottage. Thank you for your positive view of how you found the cottage and grounds. I hope you will return to the cottage on your next visit to Ireland.
Lisa K
“Perfect cottage, pet friendly and oh so cozy and relaxing, you wont want to leave!”
Reviewed 8 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed at this cottage for Christmas and New year to get away from all the madness,The cottage borders Sligo Mayo and Roscommon which in turn leavesyou with many choices to visit and enjoy Lough Key forest and activity park truly beautiful and a great day out approx 15-20 mins from cottage, also sligo with its many beautiful beaches, Benbullben mountain aprox 40 mins from cottage, great shopping in Castlebar Mayo and Carrick-on -Shannon great day out all the cruisers out on the river loved it. The actual cottage is a joy, everything you need is there, most comfy beds,open fire, wood burning stove it was so cozy and so relaxing and pet friendly with so many beautiful walks, we loved our time here and will most definatly go back later in the year, the love and care the owner puts in to this cottage shows everywhere, I cant imagine anyone not being happy with a stay here its a true gem we loved it.

12 Jan 2018
I am very pleased you enjoyed staying at the cottage and its grounds so much. Great to hear you found it such a good base for visiting such beautiful places as lough Key forest park, Sligo's numerous beaches and the lovely town of Carrick on Shannon. it was a great pleasure having you both at the cottage and hopefully you will make a return visit.
Best wishes for now.
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Haven of Peace & Tranquility”
Reviewed 21 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

What a delight! Such a warm, welcoming and cosy cottage, surrounded by beautiful countryside as well as being just beside the Owenmore river. A perfect place for us to relax and unwind with our dogs, Tess, Meg, Beth & Connie, who loved every minute. Truly a haven of peace and tranquillity, watching and listening to nature at it's most delightful.
Kieran has gone above and beyond the call to provide a modernised cottage while still maintaining its old world charm.
The bedrooms are spacious and the beds extremely comfortable; the bathroom is fitted with a modern suite and a good electric shower. The kitchen is well equipped and the living room is cosy and comfortable with an open fire. The dining room also has a stove. There is a plentiful amount of turf for guest's use during your stay.
We will be back for another visit, perhaps to enjoy it during another season.
A better place would be hard to find!

22 May 2017
It was a pleasure meeting you both and of course your dogs Connie, Beth, Meg, and Tess.. Delighted the cottage was what you hoped it would be and that your week was a very relaxing one with your dogs enjoying the grounds. It was lovely to hear from you that the dogs had a good look around before you left. Thank you for your very kind comments and I hope to welcome you back again at the cottage in the future.
kittysjon...
Troy, Texas
“Tranquil Cozy Cottage”
Reviewed 7 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We stayed in this lovely cottage on April 22-24, 2017 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We loved that Kieran was so wonderful in his communication throughout the process and even greeted us at the house to introduce himself and give us the tour. He took the time to show us how to work everything which was helpful. The weather was cool when we arrived so the fires already started were welcome, as were the apple pie, apple juice and fresh milk in the frig. We didn't drink the wine, but appreciated it as well. We enjoyed the local bar in Gurteen called the Crossbar as per his recommendation and ate two suppers there. Getting to stay three nights was ideal as we could make our own breakfasts in the mornings and made day trips even up to Donegal and back. Going shopping at the local grocery store was such a treat with such lovely selection of farm fresh items. The property is beautiful beyond words and I have some delightful pictures from our walks. I would recommend this home to you wholeheartedly and do hope to return one day.

13 May 2017
I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the cottage and that you found it and the grounds so pleasing.It is good to know you are taking some nice memories home with you. It is wonderful to see guests blending in to the village, shopping and enjoying your meals in the local bar. Thank you both for been such wonderful guests and I hope you can return for another stay in the future.
niki181
northern ireland
“Delightful Farmhouse Cottage in beautiful setting”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My husband and I stayed at James Tymon Cottage during christmas and new year and had a wonderful, relaxing stay.
Kieran has thought of everything for his guests and it is so well equiped and we greatly appreciated the delicious apple pie, milk, apple juice and pinot grigio that was left for us.
We loved the fires which kept us lovely and warm on chilly nights while we played board games that were supplied.
Fantastic electric shower in the bathroom and towels and toilet roll were supplied.
The beds are very comfortable and we slept like babies.
Kieran had decorated the place for christmas which was wonderful, I love christmas and the decorations were a real bonus to our stay.
We will definately return to the cottage, hopefully in summer when we can appreciate the grounds more and hopefully get to fish.

5 Jan 2017
I am very pleased you choose to spend your Christmas and new year holiday at James Tymon cottage. I am delighted you found the cottage to your liking and that it had all you needed for a comfortable stay. Like myself you enjoy Christmas and it is for that reason the farmhouse is decorated every year. It was a great pleasure meeting you both and I look forward to having you stay again at the cottage. Thank you for such a positive review.
Magheramorne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The grounds at this cottage
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
6 Nov 2016
I am delighted you enjoyed your second visit to the cottage and I am particularly pleased you thought it had improved. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family again.Thank you for your kind comments on the redecoating of the bathroom and the new shower. I believe its hard to beat a large shower. Hopefully you will return for another visit in the future and I look forward to seeing you then.
Laura L
Dromara, United Kingdom
“Delightful cottage ”
Reviewed 19 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

I booked this cottage for myself, my husband and four year old daughter as we wanted a nice relaxing break in the country side and we were not disappointed. We stayed for one week. Kieran the owner was very helpful with the booking process and emailed detailed directions to the cottage. On arrival Kieran was there to great us and gave us a tour of the house and surrounding out buildings and grounds which were very impressive. The cottage itself was immaculately clean and was equipped with everything you could possibly need. Kieran had kindly provided a gorgeous apple pie, had a tray ready for tea and much to my daughters delight left a freshly baked gingerbread man for her. Much to my delight there was a chilled bottle of pinot grigio in the fridge as well as milk and a lovely bottle of fresh apple juice. As other reviews have mentioned the stove in the dining room and open fire place in the living room added to the charm of the cottage and an unlimited supply of turf was kindly provided. In terms of bedrooms they were beautifully decorated, had luxurious linens, and the mattresses were of very high quality. The bathroom was modern with a huge walk in shower and plenty of towels were provided. Board games, dvds and a great selection of books were in the cabinet in the living room for a rainy day. There was also satellite TV and a stereo in the dining room. Once again we would like to thank Kieran for making our holiday so enjoyable we will definitely be returning in the near future.

19 Aug 2016
I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed your holiday at my cottage and that the house and grounds lived up to your expectations. It is important to me that guests enjoy their stay at James Tymon cottage.Thank you for your kind and detailed comments and I appreciate you taking the trouble to give my cottage such a wonderful review. I look forward to having you all back at the cottage in the near future.
Kieran.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing