Sligo Park Hotel
US$128
Sligo City Hotel(Sligo)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Breakfast included
Priceline
  • Restaurant
1,179 results
All reviewsleisure centretennis courtssuperior roombar foodrestaurant managerlovely hoteldvd playerfamily roombar staffenjoyable stayreception areaboth nightsrelaxing breaksteam roomwould highly recommend this hotelhot foodtown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2008

I stayed there for 4 days, and the hotel is not really in a good condition. The floors are very dirty, about 24 hours layed cakes on the floor, pretty dirty, the room was okey, but a little bit shabby.

The blanket on the bed was`nt really clean and the hotel is on a mainstreet and to the city you walk about 30 minutes, busstop ist 10 minutes away.

The restaurant is very noisy, but the food and the breakfast was pretty good, the checkout was difficult, because somebody used my roomnumber and I almost had to pay for stuff I didn`t eat in the bar, I had to complaint. bad thing is, you don`t have to sign , so everybody can take just a roomnumber.

The hotel outside was pretty dirty, blanket are all over the grass and on the back of the hotel there was all the dirty blankets, did`nt seem nice.

The staff was ok, but nothing special on this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank defmimchen
NorahB, Sales manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2008

Dear Mimchen

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback following your recent visit to the Sligo Park Hotel.

I would really appreciate if you could take the time to contact me to discuss your concerns in detail.

Kind regards
Bernadette (Norah B)

Reviewed 3 April 2008

The hotel could do with a face lift. It's a little bit run down.

It is a bit too far outside the town to walk in.

Avoid Sundays, It is as if every local in the town takes the sreaming kids for the carvery.

On the plus side the hotel is reasonably priced.

There are better located guest houses closer to the town I'd look into them 1st

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mclaren1Ireland
Reviewed 5 March 2008

I stayed in the Sligo Park for two nights for business. I found the hotel to be a very good business hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly and could not have done more for me. There is an refurbishment of the hotel going on and the only downside of this is that you had to walk down corridors that are currently being worked on and this is somewhat off putting as there is a lot of dust and noise, saying that I heard nothing when I was in my room.

I found the breakfast was absolutely lovely but the evening meal was a lot to be desired, I got room service and I felt that the food was quite plastic, although it was hot and there was plenty of it.

I would recommend the Sligo Park for business travellers but not really for a leisure break.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2008

We booked this hotel for a weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary. We we sorely disappointed with the hotel and left after one night. We upgraded to an executive room based on the hotel's description, which read: "Sleek, contemporary lines combined with fresh décor, crisp white duvets and plush interiors provide a haven of quiet relaxation. Many of these rooms have extra features such as DVD players, flat screen TV's and panoramic views of Benbulben and Sligo Bay. Additional amenities in your room including the following, bathrobe, slippers, fruit, water, daily newspaper, complimentary WiFi, luxurious toiletries." This is word for word from their booking page. There was NOTHING near any of this! The panoramic view was of a tennis court. There were no robes, slippers, fruit or water when we arrived. The luxurious toiletries were generic hotel brand. The room was plain and and far from "sleek". When we complained, they said they couldn't move us. It took well over an hour to get the amenities that were promised to be sent to the room. The manager tried to make things better for us by sending some wine and champagne to the room, but by that time we were really fed up with the entire situation. We were given a reduced rate for the night we stayed, but even at 75 euros, it was still a ripoff.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luvindublin
NorahB, Sales and Marketing Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2008

thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback following your recent visit to the Sligo Park. I apologise for the fact that the placing of the superior amenities in your room in advance of your arrival was overlooked. This was an error on our part. We tried to make good this error with some complimentary champagne which we hope you enjoyed.

Your room had the benefit of the tennis court in the foreground , unfortunately the spectacular views of Ben Bulben were marred by cloud on the day of your visit. This is a shame because the views from the rooms are striking.

Thank you again for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel.

Reviewed 15 January 2008

Stayed 28th -29th Dec for the Week - End

Reception friendly , Room big and clean , Bar staff Peter great , Catheraine lovely but o dear food let you down big time, packet chicken for starters no bacon in the Salad , Steak like boots.

When we went to check - out not only was our bill not correct but a lot of other guests too.
I will not be returning even thou I had come a long way to visit family I will have to find a new Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NorahB, sales and marketing manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2008

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel for your recent visit. I am pleased to note that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. I apologise for the disappointment you experienced with your food on this occassion. Guest comments on food are usually excellent so it is particularly disappointing that this was your experience. I hope you will return again and on the next occassion will enjoy the usual very high standards at the Sligo Park.

Thank you again for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel.