“One Night Easter Weekend”
Review of Sligo Park Hotel

Sligo Park Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Cork, Ireland
“One Night Easter Weekend”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here over the Easter Sunday night. We enjoyed our stay. Room was nice if a little expensive. I expect that was because it was Easter. My only complaint was that three times the cleaning lady opened the door of our room between eleven o'clock and twenty to twelve when we checked out. Don't think this is acceptable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation on your recent trip to Sligo. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We have noted all your comments. Thank you for sharing this with other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bernadette Coffey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have to first say it was a great spot for a family stay
Rooms
Location
Cost
All suited me perfect but i have to mention one thing and i hope next time im back it be better but the pool was freezing and it was august when i was there hotel was full but the pool was a hugh let down

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,

We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience of the hotel. Your comment about the pool has been noted – there was an issue one of the days during your stay. Thank you for sharing this with other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ireland
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Very friendly staff from reception, restaurant & bar. Room was very modern except for TV. It had tea & coffee making facilitys. Fantastic leisure centre. A little bit outside Sligo town so be prepaired for a nice walk.Definately would recommend this hotel and we will make a return visit.

Dear Guest,

We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience. Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I'd like to start by saying that we are just back having enjoyed two great nights away- with two children! The staff were very welcoming friendly and ensured that we enjoyed our stay to the maximum standard. They are a credit to the hotel!!
To the gentleman below who has complained about children- if you were staying within the last week, it was Easter break, families like to get away, what else can you expect. We had breakfast both mornings, no-one cleared our table whilst we sat at it, and each family and their individual children were very well behaved. It seems that your gripe is with children rather than the hotel. We too also stayed in a family room on the 2nd floor, there is ONE very short flight of stairs from the reception area and also a lift right beside them. The leisure centre is located on the lower level- obvioudly requiring s further set of stairs- allbeit v short. The rooms were clean and welcoming and the 2nd floor was definitely more than a meter from the ground!!!!
We ate in the restaurant and bar, both of which were very much enjoyed.
Thankyou Sligo Park for a brilliant break!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your family stay. We are delighted about your comments on the staff, food and Leisure Club at the hotel. We are really glad to read of your positive experience at the hotel. Many thanks for your remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Ireland
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Booked in here for the St. Patrick's holiday weekend.

The room had been described as contemporary but when I got the 'key' at reception I started to wonder what the room was going to be like. It was an actual key and not a swipe card. I thought this to be very old fashioned.

The room itself was big and spacious but it was very much outdated. A huge brick of a TV in the corner with very few channels on it. The windows were old and draughty. One of the windows would not close properly. There was mould on the windowsill.

There was no a/c only a radiator.

There was no fridge in the room or a safe.

The room was not that clean. There were huge cobwebs hanging on the wall.

The bathroom was just ok. They must have the same towels for years now, they are small and nearly transparent.

The food was nice in the hotel but the service in the bar was very slow. The second night had dinner in the restaurant and it was lovely. The service was much better in the restaurant.

I booked this hotel through a Heatons getaway weekend. As I was walking down to reception to checkout, housekeeping were cleaning the rooms. I could see that other rooms were lovely with wall hung flat screen TV's and lovely floor to ceiling windows (which were probably completely sealed with no mould) Nice modern tiled bathrooms.

Why didn't I get this?

I could not reccemment this hotel to my friends and unless a lot more was done to the hotel, I don't think I will return.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hgst
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent visit to Sligo. We are glad to read you enjoyed your meals during your stay. Your review raises a number of points which cause concern and each one is being addressed. I am sorry if you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Let me start by giving you the positives...firstly I would like to commend the staff at this hotel, very hard working and greeted us with a smile every morning, also we arrived much earlier than our book-in time and they were able to let us check-in and moved us to a bottom floor room when they saw us with a baby and a pram...very thoughtful.
The rooms were very nice, basic but clean and the hard working house staff made sure we got our room cleaned and fixed up everyday.
The only negative I have was the breakfast...it was just ok, the staff I found were a bit rude in taking the plate from u just seconds from leaving my fork down and with my child still eating lifted my husbands and my plate, surely in any restaurant or hotel you wait til everyone at the table is finished before lifting plates and clearing the table!
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and look forward to maybe staying here again, I would certainly recommend this to family and friends.

Room Tip: Family room was great, bring a swimming cap if you'd like to use the pool
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation on your recent trip to Sligo. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience of staff and hotel. We have noted all your comments. Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Very disappointed. We've book this hotel, following great reviews, for the last night of our trip around the west of Ireland.

Hotel is very outdated, our room didn't have electronic key - we've received a normal key with a gigantic keychain with room number which we had to leave at the reception every time we wanted to leave the hotel. No air-con. We needed to contact reception to adjust heating in the room. Despite our room being on the 2nd floor, it was in fact just a meter or so above the ground which always makes me very uncomfortable.

There was a good walk from reception to our room, including two flights of stairs.

The hotel was FULL of kids with kids movies leaflets everywhere, and kids running all over the hotel, yelling in the corridors. Not a place I'd like to sit down for a drink... Breakfast wasn't much different, we got up early to avoid crowds at breakfast, but didn't wait long for families to come down with kids making a lot of noise and mess.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. Just to mention the week you stayed was Easter holiday break for schools and as a result we had a lot of families staying. We are very concerned to read your review and we are very sorry that you were disappointed. We are taking these matters seriously and each one is being addressed. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.