“Sligo Park - The way to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sligo Park Hotel

Sligo Park Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Dublin
“Sligo Park - The way to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2008

I am just back from enjoying a great break in the Sligo Park Hotel. I have stayed with family before and enjoyed the experience. Since my last visit there have been many improvements which have added to an already superb facility.
We stayed in one of the newly decorated rooms and the decor was modern and the hygiene to a great standard. We had a beautiful view of Benbulben and this added to our stay.
The staff were so friendly and helpful and the ambience was great. We will certainly be back.
The leisure centre has also had a number of improvements with a very good refurbished gym facility for those active people in my group!! I preferred to enjoy the jacuzzi where I could relax and watch the world go bye!! Being able to observe what is going on in the outside world is wonderful and the design and layout gives a great air of spaciousness.
Well done to all and we are now refreshed after our stay. We will be back!

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank DublinKate123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2008

Lovely food and very good choice , really nice staff and management. Excellent quality and standard of rooms, obviously recently done up.
Leisure centre is really good with sauna, steam room and pool plus a refurbished exercise room with new machines.
Well appointed location near the town centre.I would recommend this Hotel as an excellent place to stay.

Stayed May 2008
Cavan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2008

On check-in (around 2/2.30) in the afternoon my husband encountered the rudest receptionist he had ever met. He heard her say to a colleague when he entered reception with a suitcase "where does he think he's going" and when he went up to reception she told him he couldn't book in as it was too early and to come back in an hour. She told him he couldn't leave our luggage behind reception until check in and that if he had looked, it told him on their website when check-in was. Worse when he did get checked in he entered the room to find it soaking wet as someone had left the windows open and all the rain had come in and drenched most of the room. Bar food presentation was poor. Sandwiches (not very appetising looking) come prepacked in a plastic carton on a sideplate. No dressing or presentation. Rooms ok but overall hotel overpriced and underpar. We definately won't be going back and won't be recommending it to anyone else either. Too many better hotels

Stayed March 2007
3 Thank CavanTravellerX
NorahB, Sales Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2008

Dear Cavan Traveller X

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback following your recent stay at the Sligo Park Hotel.

I was very concerned to read of your experience, I assure you it is not the way we like to look after our guests.

I would really appreciate if you could please contact me to discuss this further.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2008

We booked a "Superior room" for €145 which we thought was a good price for a superior room..... however on arrival, our room was a disapointment, the view was of what looked like a un-kept garden, there was an old fashioned t.v in room. the room was clean. Bathroom was very basic with a tiny bath. Not worth the money paid, and was not a superior room. i would not hurry back to this hotel!

• Liked — the bar food was nice
  • Disliked — the rooms
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WellTravelled1984
NorahB, Sales and Marketing Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2008
Dear nhore,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback following your recent visit. I regret that the room didn't live up to your expectations.

Rooms are bright and airy with windows opening over the extensive lawns, these lawns are mowed regularly - though of course the mowing schedule is weather dependent.

Thank you for pointing out that the room was clean, information on customer satisfaction would indicate that this is the single most important consideration.

I am sorry to read of your overall disappointment and I would be pleased to be of whatever assistance possible should you decide you would like to return.

Kind regards

bonn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2008

I stayed there for 4 days, and the hotel is not really in a good condition. The floors are very dirty, about 24 hours layed cakes on the floor, pretty dirty, the room was okey, but a little bit shabby.

The blanket on the bed was`nt really clean and the hotel is on a mainstreet and to the city you walk about 30 minutes, busstop ist 10 minutes away.

The restaurant is very noisy, but the food and the breakfast was pretty good, the checkout was difficult, because somebody used my roomnumber and I almost had to pay for stuff I didn`t eat in the bar, I had to complaint. bad thing is, you don`t have to sign , so everybody can take just a roomnumber.

The hotel outside was pretty dirty, blanket are all over the grass and on the back of the hotel there was all the dirty blankets, did`nt seem nice.

The staff was ok, but nothing special on this hotel.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank defmimchen
NorahB, Sales manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2008
Dear Mimchen

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback following your recent visit to the Sligo Park Hotel.

I would really appreciate if you could take the time to contact me to discuss your concerns in detail.

Kind regards
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2008

The hotel could do with a face lift. It's a little bit run down.

It is a bit too far outside the town to walk in.

Avoid Sundays, It is as if every local in the town takes the sreaming kids for the carvery.

On the plus side the hotel is reasonably priced.

There are better located guest houses closer to the town I'd look into them 1st

• Liked — Spacious Room
  • Disliked — Outdated decor & a bit shabby
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mclaren1Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2008

I stayed in the Sligo Park for two nights for business. I found the hotel to be a very good business hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly and could not have done more for me. There is an refurbishment of the hotel going on and the only downside of this is that you had to walk down corridors that are currently being worked on and this is somewhat off putting as there is a lot of dust and noise, saying that I heard nothing when I was in my room.

I found the breakfast was absolutely lovely but the evening meal was a lot to be desired, I got room service and I felt that the food was quite plastic, although it was hot and there was plenty of it.

I would recommend the Sligo Park for business travellers but not really for a leisure break.

• Liked — Room was large and clean
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)