“Pity about the rooms”
Review of Sligo Park Hotel

Sligo Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed 5 July 2008

This hotel was perfectly located and the facilities were grand. Unfortunately, the wing they put us in was seriously dated. The hotel website states (as does the previous review) that all the rooms have been refurbished, but this is not the case. The room was cold. I asked them to fix the radiator and nothing was done. The decor was dark and the bedding was old. I saw the rooms that had been refurbished and they did look well. What can I say - it should not call itself a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
NorahB, Sales and Marketing Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2008

Dear guest

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel for your recent short break. We regret that our facilities didn't fulfill your expectations. I would be pleased to discuss your thoughts and concerns in greater detail if you would care to contact me personally at your convenience.

Kind regards
Bernadette Coffey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 1 July 2008

My self and a few friends booked 2 rooms last year because we were attending a graduation in the College. We had a good stay and our rooms were beside each other so it was handy. Check in was good and quick and the rooms were grand, lovely big windows. We had breakfast in bed the following morning and it was lovely.Over all it was a nice hotel in a good location, just be careful if booking a taxi. We booked one through the hotel and we were unfortunate to come across one man in particular who was foul mouthed and very aggressive. I've never in my life come across someone like him and we were quite afraid. The hotel should be more selective of the taxis they book for guests.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank CARRIE23
NorahB, Sales and marketing manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2008

Dear Carrie 23

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel for your recent graduation celebration. It sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves and we are really glad that you were so happy with the hotel facilities.

We have noted your point about the taxi.

Kind regards
Bernadette

Reviewed 28 June 2008

I must say that I stayed in the Sligo park Hotel recently and found my stay very pleasant. I work in the Hotel industry so would notice the finer detail. From the time I entered the hotel until I was leaving I could not fault the place. The staff were extremely helpful and in my opinion that is what makes a hotel run well,first impressions. I would like to especially thank the bar & reception staff for their kindness and efficiency.
normally guests are quick to complain so I thought that I would compliment the staff.
I will be reccomending this hotel to any of my guests whos wish to travel to Sligo.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NorahB, Sales and Marketing Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2008

Thank you for your recent review of the Sligo Park Hotel. We are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you found the staff to be helpful, kind and efficient.

Thank you also for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel for your break.

Bernadette Coffey
Sligo Park Management

Reviewed 25 June 2008

This is an perfectly average hotel. Staff were friendly and polite. Rooms were average hotel style but I would ask for one of their renovated rooms. Dont eat dinner in the restaurant - it is terrible - no athmosphere and the chef doesnt display any skill in its cooking. Breakfast was fine, we had room service. Hotel is about 20 minutes walk into town which is fine. Taxi's are plentiful and cost about €6 into the town.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank luvtotravelIreland
Reviewed 12 May 2008

I am just back from enjoying a great break in the Sligo Park Hotel. I have stayed with family before and enjoyed the experience. Since my last visit there have been many improvements which have added to an already superb facility.
We stayed in one of the newly decorated rooms and the decor was modern and the hygiene to a great standard. We had a beautiful view of Benbulben and this added to our stay.
The staff were so friendly and helpful and the ambience was great. We will certainly be back.
The leisure centre has also had a number of improvements with a very good refurbished gym facility for those active people in my group!! I preferred to enjoy the jacuzzi where I could relax and watch the world go bye!! Being able to observe what is going on in the outside world is wonderful and the design and layout gives a great air of spaciousness.
Well done to all and we are now refreshed after our stay. We will be back!

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank DublinKate123
Reviewed 7 May 2008

Lovely food and very good choice , really nice staff and management. Excellent quality and standard of rooms, obviously recently done up.
Leisure centre is really good with sauna, steam room and pool plus a refurbished exercise room with new machines.
Well appointed location near the town centre.I would recommend this Hotel as an excellent place to stay.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 28 April 2008

On check-in (around 2/2.30) in the afternoon my husband encountered the rudest receptionist he had ever met. He heard her say to a colleague when he entered reception with a suitcase "where does he think he's going" and when he went up to reception she told him he couldn't book in as it was too early and to come back in an hour. She told him he couldn't leave our luggage behind reception until check in and that if he had looked, it told him on their website when check-in was. Worse when he did get checked in he entered the room to find it soaking wet as someone had left the windows open and all the rain had come in and drenched most of the room. Bar food presentation was poor. Sandwiches (not very appetising looking) come prepacked in a plastic carton on a sideplate. No dressing or presentation. Rooms ok but overall hotel overpriced and underpar. We definately won't be going back and won't be recommending it to anyone else either. Too many better hotels

Stayed: March 2007
3  Thank CavanTravellerX
NorahB, Sales Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2008

Dear Cavan Traveller X

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback following your recent stay at the Sligo Park Hotel.

I was very concerned to read of your experience, I assure you it is not the way we like to look after our guests.

I would really appreciate if you could please contact me to discuss this further.

Bernadette (Norah B)