“Slightly disappointed, worth 3 star, not 4 star”
Review of Sligo Park Hotel

Sligo Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed on the weekend of 16th February 2014, as a family of 2 adults, and 3 children.
Check-in reasonably smooth, had difficulty in locating booking but found it in about 5 minutes.
Went to our room and noticed we had quite a walk, and once we entered the "zone" where our room was located, it was freezing (no heating on).
Our room was the same - cold - no heating on (we checked in at 4pm).
Once drawn to their attention, reception / porters deposited an extra heater in our room and turned on the heating in the "zone" we were in, except on our first night with the room being so cold, it did not heat up (heating knocked off at 10pm).
The next day, on the way to breakfast, noticed a difference in standard of rooms - not being complainers unless really pushed we let it go as kids wanted to check out the swimming which was really enjoyed by everyone.
We decided to eat in the hotel and the food was lovely and hospitality really friendly, especially for children.
Would probably return to this hotel, however, next time, make sure the heating is on!!
We did draw this to the receptionist attention upon checking out about the difference in room standard, but was responded with a "oh really?", no apology.
I give this hotel, based on our stay, 3 star, based on the following - good leisure facilities, good food (and drink) and friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank fmonehundred
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are glad to note your comments on the leisure club, food and hospitality. I am very sorry about the temperature of your bedroom during your stay. This issue has been noted and will certainly be addressed. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

this weekend break was given as a xmas present for 2, check in was prompt, was told we had room at end of hotel,
The room had 1 double bed and 1 single bed ,room was very cold, did have a radiator but only luke warm there was an electric heater so we kept in on any time we were in the room, obviously room must always be cold when they had heater there.
beds were actually comfrotable as were the pillows. Bathroom was FREEZING, no radiator no heated towel rail, towels actually flimsy.
had to wait for 15-20minutes next mornig to get seated for breakfast,very large number of guests, dining room small, breakfast actually very good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foxylady124

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are glad to note your positive comments about the breakfast and comfort of the beds. We have noted all your comments. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Two friends, my partner and I went to the Jim Reeves 50th Anniversary Show featuring Al Grant. When booking we decided to stay the night.
The show was outstanding but our overnight stay didn’t go exactly as we had hoped…. the walls between the rooms are thin. We were awakened with the noise on the corridor from people going to their rooms. And again, awakened at 2am with the noise of the people in the adjoining room and once again awakened at 4:30am with a door being banged in the adjoining room. Our friends said they had the same problem in their room…the noise, and there room was at the other end of the hotel.
Having said that…the room was large and very well equipped, warm, clean, very tidy and had a very comfortable spacious bed. The bathroom was bright and it was immaculate.
Before the show, we ate in the bar, the food was nice but over priced for what it was. The breakfast offers everything you could possibly want and there were lots of friendly staff there to lend a helping hand, and they made sure that there was plenty of food at all times. The free WiFi was a nice touch.
It would have been a perfect, enjoyable stay except for the noise in adjoining rooms.

Room Tip: Great hotel except the rooms have very thin walls….they are NOT soundproof.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent weekend trip to Sligo. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with bedroom, breakfast and the Jim Reeves concert. I am very sorry about the noise you experienced during your stay, this has been noted. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were staying here for one night celebrating a v special occasion. I had asked when booking that I would really appreciate a spacious modern room and one that was of the same quality as the rooms advertised on there website. However on arrival I was dreadfully disappointed with our dated room. We were handed a chunky key to which we looked at each other in dismay.. The room itself I must admit was spacious, it was lovely and warm thankfully but it lacked the feeling of warmth.
It had a wooden floor which straight away annoyed me. It had a dated look. It had a lot of wall space as it was a spacious room but it had no pictures or art work on the wall which I feel could of added a little warmth to the room.
The bathroom door and the white tiles seriously needs updating but the bathroom itself was spotless. The power of the shower was fantastic, however the red flower arrangement in the corner was nice and added colour it was extremely dusty and obvious it hasn't been cleaned. We had a lovely view of the tennis courts and mountain. My husband brought his earphones to the gym to plug them into the treadmill but they were old style and didn't have that facility. Also in the steam room which you expect to find wooden benches or a tiled seating area they had the plastic garden furniture.. Not what I was expecting.
On check out mairead was lovely and chatty, friendly and efficient.
Would I stay here again, my answer would be no. I felt the room was dated and when I'm away for a night - which is seldom I like luxury. Their website mislead me on their room style and quality

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank sparkle2008
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation. On reading the detail of your review I am particularly sorry as I see you were allocated a specially decorated room. We have two bedrooms with wooden floors and individual décor which would have been allocated because it was a very special occasion. I am sorry that the décor didn’t appeal. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in anyway.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was surprised at this hotel, I've driven past many times but never been in before now. I stayed there with a tour group and I must say that it is fabulous. The reception area with its comfortable settees and chairs and open fire is very welcoming, especially on a bleak February day. The rooms are large and very well equipped. Food is fantastic. The breakfast offers just about everything you could possibly want and the traditional 'fry' is in fact grilled which makes one feel far less guilty for indulging! Good gym and pool attached. Staff are very attentive and professional. Free wifi throughout the hotel. It feels like a five star hotel. Highly recommended if you are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience of the hotel and food. Thank you for your recommendation and for sharing this with other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My Wife and I just returned from short dinner bed and breakfast break. First time we stayed in this hotel. Excellent service, room well appointed, very clean, delicious varied dinner and good service. Friendly attentive staff. We like the area and look forward to returning again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ulster9

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent visit to Sligo. We are delighted to read of your satisfaction with service, food and staff. Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We arrived late evening after a long journey which was hampered by a heavy snowfall. However the friendly welcome added to a very attentive staff helped make the journey worthwhile. We were in a family room, the room was very adequate in size, clean, very tidy and comfortable. We ate in the bar on the Friday and the food was to a very high standard. We were pleased with the quality of the food, the accomodation and the attention we received from the staff. The hotel is on the edge of town and you really need either to drive into town or get a taxi in at night. The hotel arranged this for us and the price was reasonable. The clunky key for the room and the bulky tv were both rather old fashioned, however this would not stop us from going back again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank derrycityleedsman
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent visit to Sligo. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience of the hotel, food and staff. Just to advise we are currently replacing all bedroom TV’s to flat screens and this is scheduled for completion shortly. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.