“Short visit to Sligo”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Short visit to Sligo”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights bed and breakfast and throughly enjoyed the hotel.Its a little out of the centre of town but as we were driving it wasn't a problem.
A short drive to restaurants at Strandhill or Rosses Point.

• Stayed May 2014
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bernadette Coffey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here whilst visiting a friend in Sligo, the hotel is in a good location from Sligo town, a short taxi ride. Also, a frequent fast coach service from Knock (Ireland West) airport to Sligo town is available.
On arrival the staff were extremely polite and couldn't do enough to help us. The hotel has a fresh clean feel, exactly what any traveler would expect.
The rooms are spacious, well decorated and very clean. Plenty of tea/coffee on arrival, bathroom toiletries were also provided free of charge.
The hotel has a dining area attached alongside which offers a vast array of food, I did find the food very pricey, however I found this generally to be the same for the entire duration of my stay wherever we visited. I would certainly visit this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation for your recent stay in Sligo. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We have noted all your comments. Thank you for sharing this with other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards
LaGrange, Ga
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Nice clean room in quiet and remote location. Nothing sets it apart but decent for a nite's stay. close to Motorway added convenience but a bit noisier. I'm having a hard time filling the minimum requirement for a nondescript hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation on your recent trip to Sligo. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We have noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Athgarvan Kildare
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Cleanliness is always a high priorty for me as I have a son thats asthmatic, but was digusted at the state the bathroom vent was in, Also my son stood on a needle from a sewing kit that was on the floor when he stood up out of bed!! I explained the situation to the girl at reception who said that it would be cleaned. we came back and vent was still the same even though cleaning supervisor came up and said that it had been. I just felt for the money i spent for the 2 day break didn't reflect on the standard i expected. It took me over 5 mins to find my room (258) as its not on a corridor but down a set of stairs and not well signposted. I thought that Breakfast was very expensive for a child ( my daughter only eats toast!) We had Bar food on both nights and i have to say Donna and Michael are a credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: If u have children, a ground floor room is ideal as u can walk straight to leisure centre from it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Andrea O
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at the Sligo Park Hotel. I am sorry your stay was disappointing. Your review raises a number of points which cause concern and we will certainly take your comments on board. We are glad to note your positive comments about bar staff. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.
Kind regards
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel on the June bank holiday, from the minute we entered the hotel till the minute we checked out we had a fabulous time. The hotel was a hive of activity when we arrived and there were alot of young teenagers running about and I thought "oh no, no peace and quiet" but I was wrong.We were in room 158 and it was fantastic and I had the best night's sleep I had in awhile. Spent the evening in the bar after having something to eat and listened to a guy singing and playing the guitar( only sorry I didn't get his name).Had a beautiful meal the next night in the restaurant and again relaxed in the bar.This is a busy hotel and I would recommend it, especially if you are looking for peace and quiet.Go to Leitrim afew times during the year and I will certainly stay here again. Well done everyone

Room Tip: Ask for a room in what seemed like an Annex(maybe 150-159
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ANN MARIE D
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent bank holiday visit to Sligo. We are delighted to read of your satisfaction with your recent stay at the Sligo Park Hotel. Thank you for your recommendation and positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Two tired tourists looking for a good meal in a strange town on a rainy night.

Beware of the ambiguous sign-posting on the main road! Look for a building on the hill that looks like a civic centre/swimming pool. Ample parking.

What constitutes the front door of the establishment is unclear. Nevertheless, a request for dinner for two led to a grubby table littered with condiment sachets in the main bar area.

The well-presented bar-fare was timely but spoilt by a motorway services tempo - not least, being overlooked by blaring sports TVs. The creamy seafood chowder was particularly good.

Not a place to linger.

We subsequently learn't that the main restaurant is out the back! Therefore, the take-home message is not to expect the front-of-house staff to inform potential diners that there is a choice!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 1verdict
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent experience at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. I am concerned to read your review and I am very sorry that you were disappointed. We are taking these matters very seriously and each one is being addressed. Glad to note you enjoyed the Chowder. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I just wanted to say thank you for the lovely warm Irish welcome at your Hotel. People are complaining all the time about us losing our Irishness and our friendliness, but not here at the Sligo Park Hotel. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful, the Receptionists, the Bar Staff, the Restaurant staff, the Leisure Club Attendents, the Cleaning Ladies and even the kind Porter, who came to show me how to work the dvd player in the room. You can see that the staff enjoy working at this Hotel and it shows, in their care and attention to detail and making sure the guests are happy. I would highly recommend this hotel to any visitor, but I stayed with a small child and found the facilities perfect for what we needed.. Stay here!!! It's a perfect place to enjoy a break and I will be definitely be visiting again!! Thank you very much..

Room Tip: I stayed in a family room on the second floor and it overlooked the tennis courts, nice and quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent visit to Sligo. We are delighted to read of your satisfaction with your recent stay at the Sligo Park Hotel. Thank you for your recommendation and positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.