All reviews stayed here sligo city central location excellent location bars and restaurants friendly receptionist family room would stay again two nights weekend break hen party friday night bed was very comfortable would highly recommend this hotel top class room was large the river
Reviewed 15 May 2011

After reading some of the reviews we were dubious about staying in this hotel. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by how nice the hotel seemed, we were welcomed by a receptionist that couldn't be nicer, then directed to a room that was nice, spacious and clean. We went to the bar for some food that was delicious and very reasonable, again greeted by friendly and helpful staff. Overall we could'nt fault this hotel, we would recommend it to anyone and we will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Siobhanmckee
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I was a guest staying at the Sligo City hotel and I was berated by a staff member (receptionist) and what I'm sure was a friend of the staff member standing by the reception because I asked if the later bar was in effect after coming Back from a night out with friends ( I'm a person who would not drink to excess)
I booked the room under the
understanding that if I so choose too I could have a late drink after midnight like any other hotel. Not so here. Under staffed and abusive. I will tell all my friends and family not to stay in this hotel as I have never been treated like this before in a hotel. And i will blog about my treatment here.
"I'm Irish and I say don't stay here"

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Ace7t5
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Stayed here on a night away with a gang of friends. Really central location with off street safe car park. Very grotty. 3 very wonky lamps in the room. Lots of cobwebs in the curtains and on the ceiling. Staff very nice and helpful. The bed sheets and carpets seemed very clean though. Only stayed here because of the price.

Room Tip: def not a spa weekend
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2011

we stayed in this hotel and were delighted with how central it was to all the shops and bars in sligo but in my opinion this was the only plus side to this hotel, the room was tiny and very grotty, there wasn't even a remote control for the tiny little portable tv, the bathroom was very small with a poor working shower, although it was clean , the whole room was in need of redecoration at the very least. We found the staff to be very uninterested and unhelpful particularly on reception, we asked was it ok to park in the small carpark down the road and they assured us it would be fine there the next day as it was sunday so we wouldnt need to pay for parking, unfortunately we had a ticket waiting for us on the car the next day which cost us 40 euro, we would not stay there again, although cheap we would be willing to pay that bit extra for better service and nicer hotel rooms, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted a relaxing weekend away.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2011

stayed here recently and when we arrived no parking even though it said parking available..after being told to pay park across the road at the back of the hotel by the receptionist, a kind gentleman employee said we could squeeze into the car park,thank you..room was like an attic room with tiny windows and shower barely sprayed out the water..heated towel rail in freezing bathroom didnt work which wud explain why it was so cold..had a nice beef dinner in the bar but they served no roast potato so my wife had to make do with chips instead and as i didnt like the veg on offer i chose to have salad instead..Both of which we were charged extra for..would look for somewhere else to stay next time but wud stay again if i had to..sligo is a great city to have a nite out in..visit the fiddlers and the garvogue(hope i spelt it right)..pity the hotel wasnt a little better but in saying that it wasnt the worst place to stay..

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple