“hen/stag do yes!!”
Review of Sligo City Hotel

Sligo City Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Stayed in this hotel for a hen weekend. Arrive in the room and I opened the window- the curtain fell down and the radiator fell off the wall! Beds were comfy and room was also quite clean.
The night porter Michael was so friendly and helpful on the Friday night however on the Saturday night there was a different night porter( foreign man with a moustache) who would not allow us a residents bar or even a drink for that matter and was very rude.

Breakfast was fine nothing extra ordinary! On a whole would have to say hotel is fine for a hen/ stag do but would defo not return for anything else.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 August 2011

The hotel is easily accessed from the M4 via Custom House quay, and is within 200 metres/yards of the centre of town. We found the staff friendly and the room was nice (the Oyster Suite), very spacious, and even had a view of Ben Bulben mountain.
The evening meal was adequate but not much to write home about. Breakfast was good. Apart from one night when some youngsters made a noise outside the hotel, we found it very quiet. Hotel car park always full, but there is one beside the river (100 metres away) which was not very expensive and you can feed the meter the night before.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

I stayed one night in the Sligo City Hotel on business. I had booked this hotel on the basis that it had "secure free parking" as quoted on their website. However, on reaching the hotel I was told their small carpark was full and there was nothing they could do for me. When I had tried to access the carpark the receptionist would not open the gate and only did so after asking her three times could I see if there was an available space for my car.

The receptionist was extremely rude to me when I said I was not happy that I had nowhere to park my car even though it said the hotel had free parking when I booked it on their website. She spoke to me in a very rude and patronising way and was completely uninterested and unsympathetic.

She was also very rude to other customers who were waiting to speak to her about the carpark. One older lady was unable to get her car out of the tight carpark space and the receptionist said she was a fire hazard and she would have to leave her keys with her and get someone to move it. The receptionist then turned to her colleague and asked could she help deal with some of these "difficult customers".

I went to find a parking space for my car later on and the manager of the Glasshouse Hotel which is located across the road from the Sligo City Hotel said I could park in their carpark for free. Perhaps the staff of the Sligo City Hotel could learn something about customer service from the staff of the Glasshouse Hotel!

I would not recommend this hotel on the basis that I was treated so badly by its staff.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank sdenn
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The location is just great; so handy for shops, bars and taxis!
Our room was large, comfy sofa and was clean. It was just a little dated and tatty particularly the furniture. NO flatscreen TV, just an ancient huge thing that I had forgotten existed!
Our room only had a rooflight but was generally quiet,. It did, however, smell of a past smoker which I did not like at all.
The staff were varied. the receptionist when we arrived could not really be bothered with us, no mention of breakfast at all. However, the gut working single handed in the bar/restaurant was a trooper - friendly, obliging. What a shame he did not have more customers.
We paid the same here as for another hotel in Donegal; identical but 20 years apart in terms of decor. I know which I preferred and it wasn't this one

1  Thank queenbonni
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Booked in to stay for 2 nights in this Hotel, only stayed one night. When we arrived @ the hotel the recepyion and Bar area were very good however when we checked in and went to our room we found the room door open, there was marks which looked like red wine on the valance sheet on the bed , the bed looked like it had footprints on where somone had walked across it and someone had used the toilet, and it hadnt been flushed. We informed reception who had tidyed it up abit by the time we came back from having a meal out in Sligo Town. The couble bed seemed very small and the curtains didnt shut properly on the velux windows. The next morning we cancelled our second night then the reception tried charging us more than when we had booked on the internet. We wouldnt stay here again.

Room Tip: Room of poor standard, small and with velux windows that curtains wouldnt close properly
1  Thank maz T
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Found this hotel to be excellent value, staff were very helpful and pleasant, the room was clean and spacious, food was good, and it is located where there are plenty of shops and bars.
The only thing which I wasn't pleased with was the wifi, we were supplied with a voucher each day which gave you 50 minutes free, if you wanted to continue using it after your 50 minutes ran out, then you had to pay. Most of the local coffee shops and restaurants provided totally free access, so can't understand why an hotel can't do the same.
But apart from this relatively small issue, definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed here for only one nite on our way to Donegal. It was lovely will definately be back!
Staff in reception very friendly with few suggestions of short walks around sligo. Map included. Breakfast very tasty - full irish. Room was clean, quiet and had coffee/tea making facilities. Nice to be able to park the car at the back and enjoy the music and craic in the local pubs/restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple