“Fine for a short stay”
Review of Sligo City Hotel

Sligo City Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Easy to find although the car park is tiny! Reception staff helpful and friendly.
Our room was comfy and clean, the shower was a stupid design and basically soaked the whole bathroom!
We did not eat here but the bar was ok, if a little slow ( one member of staff on and it was a busy night as Sligo races were on)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ali B

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night - when I arrived the hotel was fully booked and I was allocated a room (garvogue suite) no windows and no light. Sarah at reception tried her best to give me another room but due to the hotel being fully booked this could not happen. Anyway the hotel is in a good location very central for sligo. I did not eat in the restaurant so I cannot comment on the food.

I would stay again - but not in that room.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Just back from a night here. Excellent location but the carpark is very small. Check-in was very smooth with a very helpful receptionist. Check-out proved more difficult with a very unpleasant and unhelpful staff member who tried to charge me more than the rate at which I booked the hotel. Management rectified the situation. Overall, I feel that there is a considerable choice of hotels in Sligo which represent better value for money. I stayed here as I was traveling with a group. It was the only available hotel which was able to accommodate us all on our travel date.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Just back from a two night stay, great rates and very clean. Very friendly and helpful staff. It is ideal for anyone who wants to be near the city centre night life. I will be staying here again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Just back from a 3 night stay. First day we arrived had to get moved as a noisy family in next room. That night we had 3 very noisy men in the next room to us & even though we rang reception at 1.20am to complain nothing was done. The hotel is clean and the staff are very nice but the walls are paper thin so if your going for a restful nights sleep its not the hotel for you. Also the car park was very small and we noticed some of the staff using it so left even less room for the residents!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Stayed here for one night on 7th July and it was grand. Rooms were very clean, nice crisp white sheets and the bathroom spotless. The TV is ancient but still works.The sleep quality was awful. Hotel filled with hen and stag parties; coming and going all night. Even though our room had double glazed windows, you could still hear everything that was going on out in the street and I'm a heavy sleeper. The rooms were so hot and absolutely no way of cooling it down except to open the paper thin window!

The staff, one man in particular on night duty was lovely! Went above and beyond what was required at 4am! Getting us tea, biscuits and crisps! True gentleman! Sat chatting to us in the bar and was just so nice.

The breakfast was terrible and I can honestly say their coffee was the worst coffee I have ever tasted. The morning staff weren't exactly pleasant and one girl was quite sharp with my friend. Breakfast was included in our bedroom price, but charging €10 for a breakfast is nothing short of a rip-off!. Reception staff were great and even allowed us to leave our bags their until our transport arrived some 3 hours later.

All-in-all, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for that wee bit more. The Glasshouse around the corner seems far more up market yet their prices are reasonable.

2  Thank donegalwoman
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Just stayed at this great hotel in the centre of Sligo. The room was really good value and it is perfectly located in the centre of the town around the corner to the main shopping street and restaurant/bar area. Free parking at the hotel. Friendly helpful staff. Will be returning again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family