“Very central, nice”
Review of Sligo City Hotel

Sligo City Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We reserved two rooms, one double and one twin. Both were a good size, beds were nice. Staff was very helpful, changed 2nd room upon request to be beside of each other without problems. Hot shower and plenty of towels, shower gel, shampoo, soap, coffee, tea...

Only stayed for a night but it was perfect for us as it was in the city center, great pubs around. Parking was full so we had to leave the cars in front of the hotel. Good experience all together.

Room Tip: Room 215 has a great view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Tinkerbell
Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Sligo City Hotel - We are delighted you and your friends enjoyed your break with us.
We really hope that you stay with us again soon
Trevor Canning

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed in Sligo City hotel for 1 night as I was meeting friends, as a regular visitor to Sligo I picked this hotel because of its central location. It was not what I expected on walking in the door I was meet with a foul smell of alcohol, I then checked in which was quick but when I headed up to room it was quiet small and had only double single and sofa bed, I had booked a family room which I confirmed on booking was a room with double and 2 singles as it was for 4 adults, I also ran the day before check in to confirm room. This room was tiny with extremely poor lighting really old fashioned in decor etc. We got ready and to head out and when leaving hotel we were meet with a crowd of quiet drunk lads standing outside the door. After a long night out we returned and seen the residents bar was full of loud noise people and the bar didn’t even have any snack peanuts, crisps chocolate or anything. We went up to our room for what we hope would be a good night’s sleep but unfortately a bell from the town hall rung every hour which kept us awake so if staying in this hotel forget about sleep. Check out was quick and fast but won’t be staying here again,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank lorri25
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Lorri
I am very sorry that you had a disappointing stay with us, I have no records of any such complaints made to us. Please contact me directly so that I can investigate into the issues you had. I look forward to hearing from you.
Trevor Canning
071 91 44000 - gm@sligocityhotel.com

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Loved the central location of this hotel. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was great and good value for money. I look forward to visiting Sligo again and to using this hotel again I hope.

• Stayed: September 2013
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Galway 96

Hay All!

I drove my backside from my beloved CORK up to the Westport Festival at the end of July for live music & camping followed by a tour of the Mayo & Sligo coast for a few days of solo surfing.
I treated myself on my mini-break to a 2 night stay in the Sligo City Hotel (2nd & 3rd of July). It was blissful & well deserved after roughing it for a few days. The staff were so nice & down to earth. Very warming reception & found every one of them chatty, accommodating & helpful.

I used the hotel as a handy base so i could walk the city & have a few jars at night & head off exploring & surfing during the day. Gr8 location.

The room was perfect for me & i enjoyed two really good nights sleep which was needed. Walloped the breakie in the mornings & went off on my adventures for the day. I even treated myself to some fine dining on my last night in their Quays Restaurant. Yum.

Tapping into the wi-fi was very handy for me too so i could catch up on the rest of the world. I had my van with me wit all my gear & was relieved to know that parking was not an issue so i felt secure.

Sligo is a gr8 wee city. Have been up there plenty of times over the years. Stunning scenery & mega surf. Lots to do & see.

I would recommend a kip at the Sligo City Hotel if your planning to spend any time in Sligo.

Im fairly relaxed & it ticked all my boxes for what i expect from a hotel for the money i paid i consider it very good value.

Hope you have a similar experience. Just wish i had someone with me but the staff were good company & tuned into the fact that i was solo. Very impressed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Patrick
Thank you for your positive comments following your stay with us - All the team here @ Sligo City Hotel were delighted to see you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again soon if you are attending another Festival or taking advantage of the Surfing at the local beaches here

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Found myself in need of a little break away and so went to Sligo for the Yeats connection. Found this hotel online and it looked like a very good position in the town - I wasn't disappointed (it's right on the heart). And with parking (Sligo is pretty bad for parking I found).
It is a modern hotel with a comfy/classic feel and the rooms were of a very good standard. What makes it are the staff. The manager/assistant manager (never did figure it out) called Ann made us feel so welcome. I think she knew every guest! If you were waiting just a minute at the bar for someone else to be served, a staff member would jump on. And I don't think I had put the phone down by the time the ironing board I wanted arrived!
Sligo itself was busier than I expected and not as laid back as I imagined but a few minutes walk and you are away from the hustle and bustle. A short drive and you are in lovely countryside or at a majestic beach. So lovely. And you can immerse yourself in Yeats everywhere. For a fan like me that was a real treat.
I'd recommend Sligo and the City Hotel made it a lovely experience. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear Jay
Thank you for your positive comments following your stay with us - All the team here @ Sligo City Hotel were delighted to see you had an enjoyable stay. I have passed your kind comments to Ann who is a member of the Management Team here.
We look forward to welcoming you back again v soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Ok to stay in for a quick city break but our room was too small & cramped. The bathroom was fair but the grout around the bath and toilet was dirty and the bath bar to help you in & out of bath/shower was loose on the wall. The bar & eating area was nice and the food ok but wouldn't stay in it again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bunny007055

Dear Bunny
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us.
We do have a range of bedroom sizes in the Hotel - Singles, Twins, Doubles, Triples, Family size & Suites.
We did have an issue with the tiling & handrail in the Bathroom that you stayed in but I can assure you that this was fixed at the end of last week.
I would be delighted of the opportunity to discuss your stay with us if you would contact me
Trevor Canning - General Manger - gm@sligocityhotel.com 071 914 4000

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We booked into this hotel for our wedding anniversary and had a lovely few days. The staff were very helpful, the room & bathroom were very spacious and nice decor. And it's a short walk from local restaurants/bars. The surrounding area in Sligo is well worth a visit also - altogether a wonderful wedding anniversary. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Breo
We hope you had a fantastic wedding anniversary in Sligo & we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.