Sligo City Hotel
Castle Dargan(Ballygawley)
  • Breakfast included
Temple House(Ballymote)
View Hotel
All reviewsstayed herecentral locationsligo cityexcellent locationbars and restaurantsnext morningspacious roomfamily roomtwo nightswould stay againfriday nighthen partyreception stafflast weekendwould highly recommend this hoteltop classlovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We recently stayed in Sligo City Hotel while visiting Sligo, I choose the Hotel as it was central to everything. The receptionist was more than helpful & very friendly. Our room was clean, tidy & very homely. When checking out we had the pleasure of meeting the Manager Mr Canning, a true Gentleman. I will without doubt return to Sligo City Hotel for a Warm, Friendly & Relaxing atmosphere. Keep up the good work all ...look forward to my next trip. Kat :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathrina M
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Kat
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay with us.
We appreciate you choosing the Sligo City Hotel to stay in and we are delighted that your stay with us at the Hotel was so enjoyable
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed here on a week night while working in Sligo. It was perfect for my needs.
Check in was fast and very friendly. The room was a good size with two single beds and the en suite was a good size too.
Bed was comfortable and I had a good nights sleep but at breakfast the next morning I was talking to another guest who stayed in room number 116 and said he was awake every hour with the noise of a bell in the local church or town hall going off.
In saying that I stayed in the room across from him and did'nt hear anything.
Breakfast was very good and was served very quickly with friendly service.
Hotel is centrally located and good value for money. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Mazuno1
We are delighted that your stay with us at the Hotel was so enjoyable.
I am not sure who the guest was who made reference to you about not getting a good nights sleep - I don't have a record of any guest bringing this to our attention at this time.
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We reserved two rooms, one double and one twin. Both were a good size, beds were nice. Staff was very helpful, changed 2nd room upon request to be beside of each other without problems. Hot shower and plenty of towels, shower gel, shampoo, soap, coffee, tea...

Only stayed for a night but it was perfect for us as it was in the city center, great pubs around. Parking was full so we had to leave the cars in front of the hotel. Good experience all together.

Room Tip: Room 215 has a great view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Tinkerbell
Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Sligo City Hotel - We are delighted you and your friends enjoyed your break with us.
We really hope that you stay with us again soon

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed in Sligo City hotel for 1 night as I was meeting friends, as a regular visitor to Sligo I picked this hotel because of its central location. It was not what I expected on walking in the door I was meet with a foul smell of alcohol, I then checked in which was quick but when I headed up to room it was quiet small and had only double single and sofa bed, I had booked a family room which I confirmed on booking was a room with double and 2 singles as it was for 4 adults, I also ran the day before check in to confirm room. This room was tiny with extremely poor lighting really old fashioned in decor etc. We got ready and to head out and when leaving hotel we were meet with a crowd of quiet drunk lads standing outside the door. After a long night out we returned and seen the residents bar was full of loud noise people and the bar didn’t even have any snack peanuts, crisps chocolate or anything. We went up to our room for what we hope would be a good night’s sleep but unfortately a bell from the town hall rung every hour which kept us awake so if staying in this hotel forget about sleep. Check out was quick and fast but won’t be staying here again,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank lorri25
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Lorri
I am very sorry that you had a disappointing stay with us, I have no records of any such complaints made to us. Please contact me directly so that I can investigate into the issues you had. I look forward to hearing from you.
071 91 44000 - gm@sligocityhotel.com

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Loved the central location of this hotel. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was great and good value for money. I look forward to visiting Sligo again and to using this hotel again I hope.

• Stayed: September 2013
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Galway 96
Thank you for your positive comments following your stay with us - All the team here @ Sligo City Hotel were delighted to see you had an enjoyable stay
Trevor Canning - General Manager