Sligo City Hotel
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstayed herecentral locationsligo cityexcellent locationbars and restaurantsnext morningspacious roomfamily roomtwo nightswould stay againfriday nighthen partyreception stafflast weekendwould highly recommend this hoteltop classlovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here as part of a Valentine's promotion the hotel was offering. From the moment we arrived every member of staff we encountered were very pleasant. The room was very tidy and spacious. The food in the restaurant was fantastic. After our meal we had a few drinks at the bar and enjoyed the company of other guests. It was a welcome change to drink at a hotel bar were the barman was polite and cheerful. The hotel is located in the centre of the Sligo and within walking distance of all shops. I would definitely stay at the Sligo City Hotel again and recommend it to anyone visiting there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Rabman
We were all delighted to read your review following your recent stay at the Hotel. We are delighted we made your Valentines Weekend away that bit more special. We would be delighted to see you back again soon with us.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your Review.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here myself and my friend for two nights,on the 14th December it was very enjoyable stay the hotel is very central ,great for shopping ,very comfortable,cosy and very friendly hotel.The Manager Trevor is brillant very friendly and helpful and made us feel at home.I have to give mention to Brien in the bar he was also very nice and friendly,sorry about the sing-song but we enjoyed it and we be back.I would only stay at this hotel when i go back to Sligo

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Lady 810
Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Sligo City Hotel before Christmas. It sounds like you and your friend had a very enjoyable stay with us. We are always delighted to hear a sing song in the Quays Bar here.
We look forward to having you stay with us again the Hotel very soon

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Just a one night stay & I was happy with my experience in the City Hotel. Secure parking in the gate controlled car park & no difficulty finding a space. I arrived at 1445 & my room was ready even though checking in was from 1500. Checking in was quick, into one of the 2 lifts & I was in my 1st floor, non smoking room in no time. Size wise it was ok, was clean & bright & the room temperature was perfect. With carpeted floor it had 2 single beds, luggage rack, dresser, large mirror, wardrobe, tv, trouser press, smoke alarm, tea/coffee & hairdryer. With mahogany effect furniture, the room didn’t feel very modern or contempory & the tv was in a strange position to the side of the beds when maybe, a wall mounted tv might be a better option. 2 windows so, no problem with natural light & no issue with noise from outside of the hotel. I did hear guests in the hallway outside of my room in the early hours but that lasted for just a moment & my impression was that it was 2 guests that had forgotten their room number. Other than that, sleep quality was good.
The bathroom was small with tiled floor & walls, bath, fixed head shower with very good pressure, shower curtain, shampoo, soap but no bodywash/shower gel, 1 bath towel, 1 hand towel & shaving socket.
I went for breakfast at 0930 & it was quiet with only one table occupied. Cereals, fruit slices, toast, brown bread, a very good full Irish fry, fruit juices, tea & coffee. I was happy with my breakfast even though I was told that the hotel was in the process of closing down for a week’s holiday & that things weren’t as organised as they would usually be.
A very good location in Sligo town centre, I would use the City Hotel again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gaildorfblues

Dear Micdev
Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Sligo City Hotel - We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us before our short period of closure at Christmas
We look forward to having you stay with us again the Hotel very soon

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We recently stayed in Sligo City Hotel while visiting Sligo, I choose the Hotel as it was central to everything. The receptionist was more than helpful & very friendly. Our room was clean, tidy & very homely. When checking out we had the pleasure of meeting the Manager Mr Canning, a true Gentleman. I will without doubt return to Sligo City Hotel for a Warm, Friendly & Relaxing atmosphere. Keep up the good work all ...look forward to my next trip. Kat :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathrina M
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Kat
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay with us.
We appreciate you choosing the Sligo City Hotel to stay in and we are delighted that your stay with us at the Hotel was so enjoyable
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed here on a week night while working in Sligo. It was perfect for my needs.
Check in was fast and very friendly. The room was a good size with two single beds and the en suite was a good size too.
Bed was comfortable and I had a good nights sleep but at breakfast the next morning I was talking to another guest who stayed in room number 116 and said he was awake every hour with the noise of a bell in the local church or town hall going off.
In saying that I stayed in the room across from him and did'nt hear anything.
Breakfast was very good and was served very quickly with friendly service.
Hotel is centrally located and good value for money. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Mazuno1
We are delighted that your stay with us at the Hotel was so enjoyable.
I am not sure who the guest was who made reference to you about not getting a good nights sleep - I don't have a record of any guest bringing this to our attention at this time.
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon