“Excellent location”
Review of Sligo City Hotel

Sligo City Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms could do with a bit updating really only a bit better than an hostel but not paying hostel prices. In saying that I'd go back if it was just to lay your head and for location alone. The rooms were quite and clean. Breakfast was ok, they ran out of several things and it wasn't busy or late. The breakfast had poor skills, as in getting tea and coffee and clearing tables around. We stayed at a weekend. Bar staff and reception staff were very nice and well trained compared to the breakfast staff.

• Stayed: June 2014
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear AbmGalway
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sligo City Hotel following your recent stay with us. We were delighted to see your positive comments. Please contact me on 071 91 44000 to go through your other points.
We look forward to seeing you soon again at the Sligo City Hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights... Beautiful place, it's clean and well looked after... The rooms are spacious, the beds are so comfy, very clean and the view we had was lovely too, the service was great and the price was too...
( I went on foot to look for a b&b thinking it would be cheaper than hotels but I had a big smile when I found this hotel is cheaper, right in town, better looking, with great service.... Lesson learned not to assume things)

This is very extreme of me but in my 30 years of existence I can count in one hand a hotel I have been and they don't have a kettle with lime scale build up/discolouring... That's the only thing I would say as a negative...

Positive criticism: more marketing cos you probably have the best deal going in Sligo... Let it be known that you're placed at a good spot, you have great views, great service, great rooms etc

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Ben M
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sligo City Hotel following your recent stay with us. We were delighted to see your positive comments - I appreciate your tips on marketing our Hotel more. We look forward to seeing you soon again at the Sligo City Hotel.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The photographers on this website is False. ... I booked my wedding anniversary here thi thinking we would have clean Spacious room to arrive to. I specified .. which I may add for a quiet room. . Which they Ask on booking. On arrival receptionist was Ok. . As I had booked online under any " other requirements". In which I had requested a late check out. She had No acknowledgement of this but had no problem in telling me I had to pay 20 euro after the check out time. . The evening and night just got WORSE from there on. An 18th birthday party Ruled this hotel. . AND NOT BY THE YOUNG PERSONS ATTEENDING IT. BUT BY THE STAFF THAT WERE OR IS EMOLYED ON THAT NIGHT. STAFF WAS SI OCCUPIED WITH THE COMINGS AND GOING OF THE 18TH PARTY DOWNSTAIRS THAT THEY FORGOT REAL PAYING CUSTOMERS IN BAR. A GOOD SLEEP IS NON EXISTING. .. FIGHTS ON DOOR ENTRANCE .. I CAN go on. PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A HOTEL. . rooms does not look like pictures. Any person who may have query please feel free to contact me on above email.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Celene O

Dear Celene
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sligo City Hotel following your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read your review and confused over your perception that the photographs on our website are misleading.
Please contact me on 071 91 44000 to go through your other points.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked online as the hotel seemed convenient to the centre of town - I was there to visit the races and catch the World Cup final. When we checked in (3pm) we came down hoping to have some food but the kitchen was closed - if you have people checking in at 3pm I would expect some food would be a smart option. Because of this we found another great place to eat and stayed there to watch the football, just something for the hotel to consider. Reception staff were great and the rooms are clean, comfortable and well priced for the facilities offered.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank OKANEK77
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Okane
Thank you for your recent feedback at the Sligo City Hotel. We were all delighted to read your positive feedback following your recent stay with us. It looks like you had a full weekend between attending the races and watching the world cup. We serve food daily in both our bar and restaurant from 6.30pm.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is not the most modern hotel but the staff were wonderful.
The receptionists were very helpful on our arrival. We have 2 small children & the did all they could to have our rooms ready in super quick time it was very much appreciated.
Only downside is trying to locate the car park with sligos one way system so my advise it print out directions :-)

Stayed: July 2014
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Tinemum
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent stay with us and also for your positive feedback. We were delighted to welcome your Family to the Hotel. The Hotel car park can be accessed from numerous different routes in Sligo so the one way system would not affect the accessibility.
We look forward to seeing you back at the Hotel again soon

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed recently for 2 nights.Had package which included breakfast and one evening meal.Had meal on Sunday evening which was very poor.Limited choice and poor quality.Breakfast the next morning was ok but my idea of fresh fruit is not tinned grapefruit and mandarin oranges! Second morning asked for poached eggs,got one egg and couldn't make any toast as they had run out of bread. On asking was told delivery hasn't come yet Also advertises croissants but again none there. Hotel itself is nice,very clean and comfortable with good spacious rooms and bathroom. It is in a good central area close to bars and restaurants

Room Tip: Top floor facing bay
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Margaret
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent stay with us at the Sligo City Hotel. We appreciate the positive comments that you have made. It is a shame that you did not enjoy your evening meal with us on Sunday Evening nor did you enjoy breakfast. We do have croissants available every morning which are located beside our Breads. After investigating there were no issues with deliveries of bread of late so please be assured I will take your comments up the Restaurant Team.
Again, we appreciate you taking the time to offer us your feedback and hopefully we shall see you back at the Sligo City Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here at the weekend .hotel is spot on for location room was a bit on small side but done us for what we needed for our stay the sat night we could not sleep for a party r somthing going on next to our room then the rattling of bottles early the next morning witch was I shame the other 2 nights being very peaceful even do we were on the road side of hotel . bar staff at night were friendly

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Madfish
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent stay with us at the Sligo City Hotel. We appreciate the positive comments that you have made. It is a shame that your nights sleep was interrupted on your second night with us. I can assure that we receive very comments regarding noise.