“A great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sligo City Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sligo City Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
“A great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is a great location if you wish to be in the center of the city,where you will find plenty to
entertain you during your stay.Staff very pleasant. Downside breakfast not great. Although not complete happy with my last stay there we have stayed here before and will do so again as we were happy on our previous stays

Room Tip: All rooms much the same but we have had larger room prior to this visit.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Trevor C, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear Fiona L
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent stay with us.
We appreciate your positive feedback and tips. I have taken your other comments on board also. If you would like to discuss your stay further please do contact me on 071 91 44000. We look forward to seeing you back at the Sligo City Hotel soon again.
Trevor Canning

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed on 30 Aug, Receptionist was pleasant. Room was Just ok - we were met by a wall of heat - heater was on full in the room which led us to believe room hadn't been used.clean sheets but the decor was tired and dated. Bar extremely quite - bar man was covering bar and reception - no atmosphere. Breakfast was fine , waitress removed empty baskets that had crossiants but never returned with more, Waitress didn't check if we needed anything else after she gave us our breakfast. All in all hotel is tired , a bit grumpy could do with bit of freshening up. Expensive for the quality.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Dear HelandCo
I am disappointed to see that you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us. If you would like to discuss your stay further please do contact me on 071 91 44000. We look forward to seeing you back at the Sligo City Hotel soon again.
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

The hotel is in a great location in downtown Sligo. The rooms were, albeit a bit small, well appointed and clean. The staff was nice and helpful. But...
THE PLACE IS LOUD. From within your room, you can hear people walking down the hallways. You can clearly hear conversations, TV, etc from the room next door. We were there during a Saturday night and there were parties and carrying on until 5:30 AM [not a typo]. The plumbing is a bit sketchy as well, older toilets.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Dear Wanderingbrooksnj
We appreciate your positive feedback. I was disappointed to see that you did not entirely enjoy your stay due to noise. Thankfully we have very few complaints about noise as it is important for us that our guests do have a peaceful and relaxing stay.
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Made a last minute booking here and our room was clean, spacious and had free wifi. The TV although not flat screen was fine. Bathroom was also spacious and well supplied with toiletries and towels as we would have expected. What was disappointing, however, was the restaurant. We ordered a sirloin steak costing €19.95 each asking for it to be cooked medium rare. What we received however was well done and somewhat dry. French fries were thin and unappetising. The staff were very friendly and understanding when we brought these issues to their attention. Our disappointing experience of this restaurant was not in keeping with our experience with the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear nfluffball
Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay with us at the Sligo City Hotel.

We were delighted to read your positive Feedback which I will share with the Team here. Similarly we appreciate your feedback re your experience in the Restaurant which I have taken on board.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Sligo City Hotel again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann where I was a competitor, and for a few days afterwards for some documentary film work with media and fellow clergy. As an academic lecturer and clergyman I have to stay at quite a lot of hotels in my conference travel, from five star to awful shanty house. And so I have to say the staff make this hands down the most charming and happiest place I've ever stayed at - they just simply can't do enough for you. For the competition, I was looking for somewhere central for the Fleadh, as well as a room where I could rehearse and have some privacy to do my university work. The hotel is right at the heart of Sligo and O'Connell Street where the musical action is. The suite where I stayed was bright, airy, quiet and clean - and I'm pretty demanding about hygiene and quietness. Very nice. The food was great sound fare, and everyone from reception to the nice lads and girls among the bar staff who make the time to talk to you about Gaelic football and hurling, were kind, helpful and prompt. The lovely Polish ladies who do the rooms also go beyond the call of duty, and I reckon everyone deserves a salary rise. Also, more people should come to Sligo 'cos the locals are awesome and there is music everywhere. I was sad to hear the hotel is underused during the off-season, as it makes for a nice place for a quiet getaway. I have since recommended the site to colleagues for a clergy conference. I would also note that this hotel has unique type and quality of room service, such as I have never experienced before, and most energetic efforts are made to ensure guests have a pleasurable stay. I would like to thank the manager, Trevor, for being a good bloke and one in a million. The Fleadh is brilliant, and the happiness of it was much enhanced by having a nice familial place to stay. Sheikh Dr. Muhammad Yusuf Al-Hussaini

Room Tip: The suites are great, and they have deals on stays.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
1 Thank YusufAlHussaini
TrevCGM, General Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Yusaf
Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and, like the thousands of visitors in Sligo during the Fleadh week you have great memories to take home with you.
We look forward to seeing you back in the Sligo City Hotel soon again.
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This is a dreadful hotel which is noisy (above its bar with loud music blaring), old and ill equipped. I have not seen an old cathode ray TV in a hotel for a couple of years at least and here I found one! Many B&Bs are better than this. To be fair, the basic requirements are met: cleanliness, comfortable bed with en-suite.

It is my fault in not booking in advance and upon arrival in Sligo, I had no choice. 'Beggars cannot be choosers'!

At 99 euros for the night at room only rate, I will not stay here under normal circumstances.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cyuen Uk
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read your review and that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Please contact me directly so that we can go the points you have mentioned
Trevor Canning 071 91 44000 or gm@sligocityhotel.com
Roscommon, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed just the one night and only used it as a bed for the night. The staff were very helpful friendly and efficient. Can't comment on the food as we didn't eat there but availed of the residence bar :) the hotel is a little dated but clean. Sleep quality was ok in terms of the bed but in the room we were in you could here next door talking from early morning as I think they must have had the window open...I am a light sleeper unfortunately. .. the location is a major selling point for the hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Casarina
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sligo City Hotel following your recent stay with us. We were delighted to see your positive comments. Please contact me on 071 91 44000 to go through your other points.
We look forward to seeing you soon again at the Sligo City Hotel.