All reviewsstayed heresligo citycentral locationexcellent locationbars and restaurantsfriendly receptionistfamily roomwould stay againtwo nightsweekend breakhen partyfriday nightbed was very comfortablewould highly recommend this hoteltop classroom was largethe river
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for my hen party, from the start to finish it was just perfect really easy hotel to book fantastic rates as soon as we walked into the hotel we were greeted by friendly happy staff on desk, the staff at the bar were funny and friendly, we had our dinner aswel and they took us earlier and from when we sat down till we got up I could not fault it the food was just outa this world everything was so fresh and the lamb just melted in your mouth the lady that was looking after us was just superb she was so helpful and nothing was a problem she was smiling away. Your staff is just a credit to you they really are fantastic. The only fault was breakfast the young lady wasn't that nice she barked at us when we walked over and had to ask twice for the pot of tea and she just slammed it on the table but I will be back and have already recommended this hotel to others.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
slig0cityh0tel, Front Office Manager at Sligo City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Thank you for your glowing review following your stay with us. We are delighted your Hen Party had such a wonderful weekend. I have passed in your lovely comments to our colleagues in the Kitchen & Restaurant.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I was gonna rate it one star solely on Yvonne at the desk, but then I met the gentlemen working at the door specifically and then the girls working in the restaurant, I have to be honest its the hotels most redeeming feature. It only takes one person to ruin your experience. As I said though the people working in the restaurant and at the doors just about make it palatable after your experience at the desk.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah M

Thank you for your review. If you would like to discuss this in further please do not hesitate in contacting the Hotel on 0719144000

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Stayed with my partner. Staff are all excellent. Rooms clean and tidy and staff are always attentive , will stop for a chat. Special mention to Yvonne on reception and Michael in the bar. Didn't use restaurant but had most of main courses in bar food very high standard. Two bad points were the soup starter never changed the 4 days we were there and no ironing facilities in room.
Two small complaints that in no way ruined our stay.
The hotel is literally 100 metres from main street and all the shopping in a compact area its an ideal place to sit back and relax. I wouldn't use a car in the town centre. 5 minutes walk from the train station and if you don't feel like walking there were taxi ranks at both railway station and outside the hotel which always had cars on the rank while we were there. Will be going back again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed our town and your stay with us. I have passed your lovely comments to my colleagues.
I Hope its not too long before you return to us again.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

24 of us visited Sligo on a golf weekend and stayed here,accommodation is clean and comfortable,food is good but what makes this place is the staff,the back room staff were extremely helpful with a difficult booking,Catherine on reception was absolutely outstanding and Bar/Restaurant staff (in particular Monica)were brilliant.

The group rates here were excellent,the location couldn't be more central,if I had to find fault the only thing I could think of would be the parking....

We will definitely be back !!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Manymiles2017

Thank you for your glowing review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased your golf group enjoyed your weekend away. I have shared your kind words with my colleagues.
I hope it is not too long before you return to us again

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This town was a find - the only place on our two week tour of Ireland that was not planned. We needed a place to stay when driving from south to north. Love this town. The hotel is great. Not built yesterday, but with a comfortable gentille appealing lobby - chesterfields, chairs, coffee tables, plush carpet - the sort of place you enter and want to stay. Friendly staff at reception. We got a large very comfortable room with two single beds and a double. Great for what I call spreading out. The bathroom was spacious and modern. Lots of electrical outlets. Quick wifi. This was a great night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

I Hope its not too long before you return to us again.