“Terrible evening”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We arrived at the restaurant it was empty.. Staff were not very nice. We ordered our food and she took our drink orders. Two of my friends ordered a glass of water she returned with the glasses which were half full. And it was tap water!! We ordered our starters. They arrived all of our food was cold which was no excuse because we were the only customers they were cooking for! We ordered our mains mine came out and it wasn't what I Asked for.. I asked them could I change the staff argued with me that it was what I Asked for but I knew by the taste it wasn't because I got it before for the restaurant. They did not help me. I asked could I get what I ordered and take it home she said that they could not do takeaway even though it is a takeaway restaurant! I wanted to pay less price as I only had a started but I had to pay full price as she would not accommodate me. Myself and my friends feel sick at the thought of the food and are sorry we went there. Never again!!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Passing by the restaurant from Temple St, this restaurant doesn't look like much, however from Market Square it is very different. Adorned by a Chinese waterfall at the entrance with an ambient atmosphere, this entrance is much more enticing. Having spotted the Mini-buffet we were curious about what this could mean as all the usual signs of a buffet (hoards of food under heat lamps) were absent. We were presented with menus and invited to choose as many starters as we wanted. A starter may mean a single rib or a spring roll so you do need to order a few, however you may order more after the first round. Likewise with the main course, each portion would be approx. two-thirds of an 'a la carte' portion. The food tasted as if it was all made fresh and was delicious. Desserts were a wide range of standardised frozen pre-packaged, however this did not detract from their flavoursome taste.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

The menu is an all you can eat buffet menu. The portions are very small but you can order as many starters/mains as you like. I went with a party of 7 and all were extremely satisfied - the food was delicious and we could not get over the price. We each bought a bottle of wine with us which they charged a corkage fee of €2 - we all went home a little tipsy and with full bellies and it only cost us each approx. €20.

The only negative thing to say is that we could have done with a little more room, we felt a little squashed at our table - but this is only a small complaint.

Will definitely be going back :)

1  Thank SnoopSligo
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

Never been here before since it opened as China City. The Restaurant itself needs a bit of a revamp and some heating. Other than that the food is fab. Loads of choices which is great if you want to try something new. Portions are small but you can order as much as you like. Starters are tasty. Main courses are small but order a few selections. You can order as much as you like. Good value. Dessert is extra but not expensive. You can bring your own drink which is great. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank TracyK24
Reviewed 29 October 2012

ate here as a group, shown a dark table in the corner first , asked could we sit at window, tables all empty bar 2 , with people at them, no no waitress said 7....thinking she meant booked at 7.we sat at table near desk, she wasnt really happy we sat here eitheir ? ,during time we were there no one came in or sat at any other table.......
because it was empty and music wasnt on ,very quiet,waitress had bad english so unless you knew your menu was all you could eat,didnt tell you or ask would you like more etc,no offer of drinks or teas desserts after..,very quick to lift dishes before your finished,service very poor.
food okay very small portions,less then half,very little meat in them,and dishes all swimming in thin sauces to pack it out more.,took advice here and ordered 2 or 3 at a time.
when paying she tried to charge me for drinks we didnt have,then when i pointed to table in front of desk,where we had sat she mumbled and looked at other table.no sorry or mix up happened.hate to see what happens when its busy here.
would i go back , no . spending hard earned money on rare treats out , i like to feel like im out.could have this at home ,and enjoyed it more.

1  Thank rada8