“Lovely food”

Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located on Rosses Point Promenade the pub enjoys spectacular views over the islands Oyster and Coney. Local Chefs provide fresh, homemade, really tasty seasonal fare from the locality. The Pub has been in the Ewing family for five generations built by Fenton's Great Great Grandfather Thomas Ewing circa 1870. It boasts a spectacular quirky character, with tons of local maritime memrobelia on the walls. The highlights of the pub are the many large fish tanks and the historic well in the back bar giving the pub the nickname "The pub with the well". Casual dinnig with Reservations Recommended. Free Car Park.Free WI FI.
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

An interestingly decorated pub with great food. Great value with a varied menu. More than normal pub variety food. Staff we excellent

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Darkie11

• Korean first
Sligo
“good food”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Really liked the relaxed atmosphere of Harrys. Menu had a good selection with something to suit everyone. The service was efficient and friendly. Food arrived fairly quickly and was delicious. Not many healthy options here but when your out for a meal I suppose you dont expect there to be. I had the burger and swapped the home made chips it comes with for stringy fries, it came with onion rings and salad and was very good. My only fault would be the horrible cutlery - canteen style skinny cheap knives and forks (I know some people wouldnt pay any heed to the cutlery but its just a thing of mine). But as that is my only complaint I would have no problem recommending Harrys to anyone

• Visited May 2014
UK
“Unwelcoming Service”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have been here a number of times before and always had great food and good service, not so this time. We ordered and had our food, which was good but the one thing that left a sour note was the young, blonde waitress who asked us to leave our table " as she had customers waiting". Now, I can understand that it was a Saturday night and busy, but we had been at the table for less than an hour and were just finishing off our drinks. To be honest, the whole place sort of fell silent when she said this, and I felt really embarassed, it did feel as as though we were been thrown out!!! What made it worse was that we had friends with us and we had been telling them what a great place Harrys is, maybe not though.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank JOHUk
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

After being told by the Yeats Country hotel that we didn't need to book we turned up at 6:30pm to be told that we couldn't get a table until after 9pm. I could believe that as the place was packed out, the young waitress we spoke too did recommend a couple of places in Sligo and the one we did dine in was excellent.

Why 'very disappointed', because it is so popular we couldn't get in, we'll know better for next time and book early.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Leaside24
Arizona
“a Gem!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A short ten-minute walk from the Yeats Country Hotel, I chose this place based on TA reviews. I was not disappointed. Very good food in a pub-like setting. Avoid the chips if you can--they taste like they came from the freezer.

Visited May 2014