“Below average”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Below average”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Having two young kids under six and due to the appalling Irish climate, I spend more hours in indoor play centers than I would like to admit. This is one which should be avoided. It is old and musty. There is a strange pricing system- the girl at the counter charged my 15 month old 3 euros in and let other kids of the same age in for free. (Older kids are 8 euros) The toilets were appalling with growth. Cappuccino had an impressive cream top, but was weak and watery underneath, We decided against food. Go karts are available for 2 euros ago. If in the area again, I would wait and go to a different local play center, where the experience is a lot more cleaner and with friendlier atmosphere from staff.

Visited July 2012
9 Thank VernonGrey
funnybonesSligo, Owner at Funnybones, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thanks for your feedback. just to let you know, we are in the process of installing lots of new attractions at Funny Bones and are having an overhaul of the existing facilities (bathrooms included although I would like to point out that we have regular inspections by local Environmental Health Officers and always receive good reports). The play frames are only four years old, we have regular maintenance and cleaning programs in place, hopefully if you visit us again you will not be so disappointed.
With regard to price, we charge €8 for school age kids and €3 for under 2 years unless accompanied by a full paying child, then they are free. Your price was worked out at €3 for the first child and the second child was free. I'm sure you will agree that €3 is very good value for 2 kids for 90 mins play.
Sorry about the coffee, I prefer it stronger myself but many people don't, we have a sign in the coffee shop offering free second shots for those of us who enjoy a caffeine buzz, sorry you didn't notice it, I have made it more prominent.
Thanks again for the feedback.