“Another gem”

Strandhill Golf Club
Ranked #13 of 34 Outdoor Activities in Sligo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Strandhill Hill Golf Club is a beautiful 18 hole links golf course situated on Ireland's Atlantic coast in Strandhill, Sligo. The course boasts stunning views of the surrounding countryside and ocean with Knocknarea mountain providing the back drop. This par 70 course is the jewel in the crown of Sligo golf and we promise that you will never forget your visit to Strandhill Golf Club. Visitors welcome. Buggies, gliders, trolley and club hire available. The epitome of golf along the Wild Atlantic Way
Blackburn
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Another gem”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Played in early September on a lovely sunny day on a three course ticket covering here, County Sligo and Enniscrone. The course looked a picture as we teed off at 9am, there was a big charity shotgun commencing at 1.30pm. Two couples from the USA were behind us and they warned that the course had a sting in the tail on the back nine. They also said they loved it and had been before and having played the course I can understand why they had returned. It has been added to my list of must plays when I visit Ireland. The greens were so good I approached a couple of greenkeepers to congratulate them on their quality and the course was brilliantly designed with some fairly striking changes of elevation, I was glad we got a buggy but the couples behind walked with pull trollies and the men were senior citizens, but do not tell them I said so. I was on top of my game and on the back needed to be but it was not as stretching as County Sligo and shorter off the white tees. It was a lovely day and a brilliant course with several of the most interesting holes I have ever played. The staff in the clubhouse were overrun serving soup and sandwiches to all the golfers in the shotgun when we finished playing and I tentatively enquired about soup and tea, the response was brilliant with the most friendly and efficient service. Go to Strandhill I have passed it by before to my regret at what I was missing.

Visited August 2013

Dublin, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great value golf and super welcome”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Played Strandhill GC for the first time in over a decade. It was superb value for a unique links experience. It is by far the most welcoming of the county's links courses and when it's neighbours charge €55-€90 per round depending on the day you can play this twice with change left for a drink after.
If you are in the area make an effort to play it you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
OC, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“My Husband Loved It”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband was able to play a round at Standhill during a recent vacation in Ireland. The course had clubs for rend. He played with a member who was from Southern California and whose local knowledge of the course was very helpful. The weather was nasty, rainy and cold and foggy, but he still loved it.

Visited June 2013