“Perfect”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband and I visited the vintage lane cafe looking for lunch on a rainy day and ending up spending 2 hours there! We had hot drinks, lunch, lemonade and tried some of the beautiful cakes. I had the goats cheese tartlet for lunch and it was amazing! The decor is gorgeous, it's comfotable, relaxing and homely. The man working that day was also lovely, friendly and provided great service. I can't wait to go back!

3  Thank SiobhanMG

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Open since April 2013, the Vintage Lane Cafe has developed into a lovely spot worth visiting not only on Saturdays (when the Craft and Farmer's Market is happening just across the yard).
Quirky interior, good coffee, small changing menu, friendly staff, cosy fire in a stove with stock for the soup of the day simmering on top - that kind of a place.
Great to sit down there before (and after!) browsing through antique shop and pottery next door. New: a basket weaver who makes the most wonderfully design wooden chairs and log baskets.
More good things to come this season (al fresco brunch/music/wine...)
Looking forward to see what the innovative people at the Vintage Lane come up with.
Beate, Donegal

2  Thank BeateDonegalTown
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were at the Craft market and it started to rain heavily so we set off for the cafe. Great coffee scones soup and sandwiches. Can imagine it would be lovely outside weather permitting

1  Thank mary w
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Came across this really lovely vintage themed Cafe on the way to Donegal during the week. I think it is fairly new as I had passed many times before and had never seen it. It is situated in a lovely old courtyard where I also came across an antique shop and a pottery shop both of which I will be back to as I did not have too much time to spend browsing. Walking into the cafe I was first greeted by the lovely smell of coffee and the sight of come fab cupcakes and almond slices. Looking at the menu I decided to go for the roast pepper and tomotoe soup as it smelled fab and it didn't disappoint, really lovely and the brown bread that it was served with was the best I have ever tasted. The guy serving me was very enthusiastic and informed me of the changes recently to the courtyard and the new farmers market that is going very well. The staff here were excellant and could not have done more for me even though it was lunchtime and was quite busy. I went for a latte to finish and it was just what I needed for the journey ahead. I will definitly be back again for sure in the next few weeks.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I visited Vintage Lane Cafe last Saturday for the first time, i had a cappuccino and it was the best i ever had. The Service was excellent, the staff very friendly and great location, I'll give it 100%