“I liked Sligo not less than Connemara!”
Review of Sligo Tours

Sligo Tours
Ranked #7 of 15 Tours in Sligo
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Gerard Higgins and his Sligo Tours provide excellent options to see the beautiful surroundings of Sligo town. I guess that even having a car, it would not be easy to find many charming sites that are indeed hidden from the occasional visitor. People often come here because of W.B.Yeats, but my mom’s and my primary interest was the nature (sorry, I am not familiar with Yeats works...). In just four hours or a bit more Gerard took us to Yeats grave, Rosses Point, Drumcliff, Mullaghmore, Creevykeel (pre-historic burial chamber), Glencar lake and waterfall, Hazelwoods. At least these are the places I am able to recall. My favourites were Mullaghmore coast with stunning seascapes and Glencar lake with charming pastoral views. Gerard is a good commentator and guide. The tour cost us Euro 30 per hour and, given the personalised service and the rich itinerary, it seemed fairly reasonable.
In short, I liked Sligo not less than Connemara!

2  Thank Kirill_Muradov
"weather"
"sites"
"tomb"

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My family and I enjoyed out 5 hours with Gerard Higgins very much. Because he has not 'set' tours, you have the flexibility and freedom to adjust based on your weather, interests or mood.

Gerry is a character himself and set a great tone for the day, as he is enthusiastic about the country and sights, and very much wants his guest to enjoy Ireland and Sligo.

Given the challenge of driving in Ireland, I was very happy to have Gerry guiding us and sharing his knowledge. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Morog
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Jerry owns and runs this tour. You cans elect your own tour. We saw 6 or more sights around Sligo. You pay by the hour, I think. So if you have more in your party, it will cost you less. We
( my husband and I) paid E120 for a little more than four hours. I felt it was worth the money because my husband got a day from drviing and could see the sights. I had read about these sight beforehand and was very entertained. Jerry could have told us a little more about the local history. My husband is has a hearing deficient, so I didn't ak many questions. He was able to sit in the front with Jerry.

1  Thank nateskipper
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My sister and I were in Sligo with no car and we wanted to see Yeats country. This tour was exactly what we were looking for. We had a great time with Gerry and we definitely got the most out of our time in Sligo!

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I would like to thank Michael of WILDWESTIRISHTOURS for the wonderful experience of seeing the real Ireland. His tour was just what I wanted for my two grandchildren and myself. Everything went just as I hoped.
It is quite a responsibilty to take two grandchildren, ages 13 and twenty on a trip. I couldn't ask for a BETTER time. The B @B was very nice, Thank you JJ for our excellent breakfasts, beautiful room and taking good care of us. The view from the lodge is just beathtaking. Having a castle within walking distance was a thrill for Andrew. He told me this was the most exciting trip he ever had and loved all the places we went, fossil beach, the Holy well, the ruins on Inismurray Island, Leo's farm and his megalithic stones. Jackie also enjoyed all our adventures, the horse backing, the boat ride, the beaches, I could go on and on , the days were full of many wonderful and exciting adventures.
I have traveled to many places around the world and can honestly say this experience with WILDWESTIRISHTOURS has been the BEST I EVER HAD. I would love to bring the other eight grandchilden here to be able to share the REAL IRELAND, we all have Irish in us.
Thank you again Michael, JJ and Leo for making all this happen, you all are the greatest.
Sincerely, Margie