“The real McCoy - proper French bakery”
Review of Le Fournil bakery

Le Fournil bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Sligo
Cuisines: French
Leitrim, Ireland
“The real McCoy - proper French bakery”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It's a bakery/café in the French style and it's the real article. A range of delicious cakes and croissants alongside classic boules, pain au paysanne, baguettes, with alternative grains including multigrain and spelt options. So good.

1 Thank Tommy W

“Best in Sligo”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Authentic, delicious and fresh sweet treats on offer at Le Fournil, it's an absolute treat to visit here! Everything from their baguettes, brownies and tarts are to die for and you'd be silly to pass by this gorgeous bakery without sampling their produce.

1 Thank Cliona90
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“I have to confess....I'm a Le Fournil addict.........”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

.....please don't tell anyone!!!!!

Every time I go to Sligo, I try to ring in an advance order for their divine and never improved on Croissants aux amandes. I go to France 2/3 times a year and sample all regions attempts at making these and every time Le Fournil's are THE BEST!

As for their breads, cakes and other French delicacies, simply sublime.

They also do light lunchs outside on dry days.

This is truly a little oasis of boulangerie and patisserie heaven in Sligo town....I just love it.

Mayo
“Heavenly!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

A couple of days ago, my roommate brought me down a little street and we bound into Le Fournil. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by a big, welcoming smile and an array of mouth watering delicacies, I wanted to buy everything all at once! There was such a selection, brownies, macaroons, truffles, tartlets, biscuits, cakes, marshmallows and a choice of freshly baked crusty breads to name but a few. I've tried the truffles, coconut marshmallows, macaroons and marzipan figures so far and they have all been exceptionally perfect. I will definitely be making this a regular stop on my travels, they even do sandwiches and take away coffee if your not controlled by a ravenous sweet tooth like me!

Visited March 2014
Sligo, Ireland
“A bit of France in Sligo”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

If you have a sweet tooth "Le Fournil" is going to be your paradise. Le fournil is a lovely tiny typical french bakery run by a friendly pastry chef, Clotilde. She will amaze you with her wonderful tartes, delicious brownies, rocky roads, caramel squares, handmade chocolates and much much more. The bread is made fresh on the day and you can also enjoy lovely fairtrade take-away coffees or flavoured hot chocolates. My favourite, though, will always be her chocolate and raspberry mousse cake. Mouthwatering. If you are in Sligo, don't miss a visit to this wonderful "souvenir de France"!!!

• Visited February 2014