The Glasshouse
Riverside Hotel(Sligo)(Great Value!)
US$106
Hotwire.com
Great 4.5/5
Sligo City Hotel(Sligo)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$94
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,786 results
All reviewsthe riverunderground parkingview bardeluxe roomper dayglass housecentral locationmodern hotelcentre of townstayed for one nightbar areamain coursehen partybars and restaurantssaturday nightlovely viewself service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here on Saturday night with my Husband. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist called Kelly, who was very welcoming, efficient and helpful. The room over looked the banks and is ideally situated in the heart of Sligo. It was clean and comfortable. We headed out for the night and on our return to the room it was a little cold. It would do no harm to put the heat on at midnight for an hour instead of first thing in the morning. Any staff we encountered seemed friendly and willing to help except the breakfast staff. We were very disappointed by breakfast as there were no eggs except scramble to order. We ordered tea that never came and in general were pretty much ignored. I know 1030am are last orders for breakfast(the time we came), but still, all in all it should be just the same as if it were 7.30am Overall it’s a good hotel but need to improve on the breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chuckchuck99
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Glasshouse for 1 night and found the room was really large and comfortable and had a view overlooking the river which was in full flood after heavy rain. It was an amazing sight. The bar food was a bit dissapointing and the bar upstairs which looked really nice was not open that night. I left something behind me when I left and contacted Michelle the Manager who was extremely helpful and efficient and sent my item by courier. It pays to go to the top, well done Michelle.

Room Tip: Book a river view, fantastic.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Stayed here with a group of friends last week and the staff could not have been more helpful or accommodating. Great rooms, central location, excellent value for money esp the free parking. Couldn't fault my stay here, thanks.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I took the train to Sligo and wanted to stay somewhere close to the train station. Also wanted a little atmosphere. This fits the location bill, and the atmosphere is ...well.....different. If you are looking for a classic Irish hotel with a pub attached with a cozy dining room - keep looking. If you want a modernistic style with a dramatic view of the river - and don't mind large Dali type pictures of people looking at you - this is the place. Overall I liked it for the 3 days I was there. It is right in the middle of downtown Sligo - the amentities were first class - clean rooms, modern fixtures, etc. The style is just a little cold, and the color scheme is dated - lime green anyone? The staff was friendly and attentive - I had a problemn with the phone and internet conection - both were fixed within an hour. Breakfast had a nice range from healthy to guiltly bad for you - do we really need 3 fried meats in the morning? - but was included in the room rate so I took advantage. I can't see it for a vaction with kids - but for the business traveller looking for a change from the usual - I say give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river if you don't mind the constant noise of the rapids.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lovestoroam78
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Stayed in the Glass House a few times and has always been clean and staff friendly. Wouldn't be crazy on some of the color schemes in the rooms. Hotel is central. No free wireless internet in the rooms which is a shame.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business