“great hotel”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Dublin
“great hotel”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here recently,and have to say this is a top hotel.Staff were very friendly and food was excellent

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank john b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at the hotel in June whilst competing in the nearby Rosses Point Triathlon. I thought the hotel was average and little more. The rooms were fine and clean, The dining experience was poor though. We ordered dinner and for the prices we expected much more than pub standard fare. We raised this with the duty manager and he was excellent but it still left a taint on the stay.

Although I am rating it as average I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Roscommon
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed here on Friday nite with my hubby. This is a fabulous hotel in a great location, right in the middle of Sligo town overlooking the river which we had a lovely view of from our room on the 4th floor. Bedroom was very large & spacious. The breakfast was superb & staff on reception were most pleasant & helpful. I highly recommend this hotel & will definately be returning in the near future for a longer stay :) :) :)

Room Tip: Room 428, great view of the river.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SandyRoscommon
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here on Saturday night with my Husband. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist called Kelly, who was very welcoming, efficient and helpful. The room over looked the banks and is ideally situated in the heart of Sligo. It was clean and comfortable. We headed out for the night and on our return to the room it was a little cold. It would do no harm to put the heat on at midnight for an hour instead of first thing in the morning. Any staff we encountered seemed friendly and willing to help except the breakfast staff. We were very disappointed by breakfast as there were no eggs except scramble to order. We ordered tea that never came and in general were pretty much ignored. I know 1030am are last orders for breakfast(the time we came), but still, all in all it should be just the same as if it were 7.30am Overall it’s a good hotel but need to improve on the breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chuckchuck99
ireland
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Glasshouse for 1 night and found the room was really large and comfortable and had a view overlooking the river which was in full flood after heavy rain. It was an amazing sight. The bar food was a bit dissapointing and the bar upstairs which looked really nice was not open that night. I left something behind me when I left and contacted Michelle the Manager who was extremely helpful and efficient and sent my item by courier. It pays to go to the top, well done Michelle.

Room Tip: Book a river view, fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Stayed here with a group of friends last week and the staff could not have been more helpful or accommodating. Great rooms, central location, excellent value for money esp the free parking. Couldn't fault my stay here, thanks.

• Stayed January 2012
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I took the train to Sligo and wanted to stay somewhere close to the train station. Also wanted a little atmosphere. This fits the location bill, and the atmosphere is ...well.....different. If you are looking for a classic Irish hotel with a pub attached with a cozy dining room - keep looking. If you want a modernistic style with a dramatic view of the river - and don't mind large Dali type pictures of people looking at you - this is the place. Overall I liked it for the 3 days I was there. It is right in the middle of downtown Sligo - the amentities were first class - clean rooms, modern fixtures, etc. The style is just a little cold, and the color scheme is dated - lime green anyone? The staff was friendly and attentive - I had a problemn with the phone and internet conection - both were fixed within an hour. Breakfast had a nice range from healthy to guiltly bad for you - do we really need 3 fried meats in the morning? - but was included in the room rate so I took advantage. I can't see it for a vaction with kids - but for the business traveller looking for a change from the usual - I say give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river if you don't mind the constant noise of the rapids.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business