“The Classhouse”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Belfast, United Kingdom
“The Classhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

The staff at the Glasshouse were welcoming, helpful and nothing was a bother. We were visiting a relative very early and asked if we could take our breakfast with us, they gave me a box and asked if we wanted to take tea and coffee also, which we really appreciated. Our room was beside a lift (511) but we didn't hear a thing from inside the room which was great. The colour scheme was bright and the bathroom and room very clean with nice shampoo. If I could improve anything I would have more luxurious duvets/pillows but saying that they weren't stingy with the heat so it's not a must, I would have also liked the shower to be stronger and a mini bar. The view from our room was beautiful and it was so nice not to have to get taxis as we walked to the Garvogue which had an excellent live band- the Glitter Bugs, but there was a great choice of pubs and live music on the doorstep of the Glasshouse.

The breakfast was lovely- fresh fruit, walnuts, slections of breads and cheeses and a fab cooked breakfast. Free parking is fantatsic! We would stay again for sure :)

Room Tip: Ask for a high room as there was a birthday function so perhaps if you were lower you may hear noise...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

This is a review of the bar and bar food area only, I'm a local in Sligo and and have been eating in the Glasshouse for years and have always liked going there. However in the past year or two, the place has gone down a lot.

It's now very jaded and tired looking. The food quality has decreased while the price has increased. The staff are for the most part poorly trained and unprofessional (there are one or two old hands who are good).

It says it all that I was looking to get lunch one day over Christmas just gone in Sligo, I couldn't get a seat in any cafe I went to but when I went to the Glasshouse, I had my pick of seats. Custom there has dropped off a huge amount and it's for a reason.

I'd like the manager to read this and do something, I'm really disappointed as I used to love going in to the Glasshouse for lunch or a cup of tea, but it's just not the same any more. I'm especially surprised at the unprofessional staff as surely with all the unemployment these days, you could find better employees than the current ones? And with the decreased business at the moment, I think you would have extra time to train them properly?

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank wessexw
Donegal Town, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

The Hotel was spotless, the staff were so friendly
We stayed in the delux suite as this was the only one available it was a bit pricey in my opinion
at 150 euro, but with balcony and the river was quite nice
Would deffinetly stay there again,

1 Thank Noeleen G
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here recently,and have to say this is a top hotel.Staff were very friendly and food was excellent

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank john b
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at the hotel in June whilst competing in the nearby Rosses Point Triathlon. I thought the hotel was average and little more. The rooms were fine and clean, The dining experience was poor though. We ordered dinner and for the prices we expected much more than pub standard fare. We raised this with the duty manager and he was excellent but it still left a taint on the stay.

Although I am rating it as average I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Roscommon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed here on Friday nite with my hubby. This is a fabulous hotel in a great location, right in the middle of Sligo town overlooking the river which we had a lovely view of from our room on the 4th floor. Bedroom was very large & spacious. The breakfast was superb & staff on reception were most pleasant & helpful. I highly recommend this hotel & will definately be returning in the near future for a longer stay :) :) :)

Room Tip: Room 428, great view of the river.
1 Thank SandyRoscommon
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here on Saturday night with my Husband. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist called Kelly, who was very welcoming, efficient and helpful. The room over looked the banks and is ideally situated in the heart of Sligo. It was clean and comfortable. We headed out for the night and on our return to the room it was a little cold. It would do no harm to put the heat on at midnight for an hour instead of first thing in the morning. Any staff we encountered seemed friendly and willing to help except the breakfast staff. We were very disappointed by breakfast as there were no eggs except scramble to order. We ordered tea that never came and in general were pretty much ignored. I know 1030am are last orders for breakfast(the time we came), but still, all in all it should be just the same as if it were 7.30am Overall it’s a good hotel but need to improve on the breakfast.

3 Thank chuckchuck99