“A River Runs Through It....”
Review of The Glasshouse

The Glasshouse
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Wow! the rooms with the balcony over the swollen Garavougue are just amazing!!
Really enjoyed our night here! Free parking, wonderful staff, great breakfast, short walk to the lovely pubs and restaurants of Sligo!!
Best Hotel in Sligo for a night away!!!

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Glasshouse

Reviewed 5 February 2012

The staff at the Glasshouse were welcoming, helpful and nothing was a bother. We were visiting a relative very early and asked if we could take our breakfast with us, they gave me a box and asked if we wanted to take tea and coffee also, which we really appreciated. Our room was beside a lift (511) but we didn't hear a thing from inside the room which was great. The colour scheme was bright and the bathroom and room very clean with nice shampoo. If I could improve anything I would have more luxurious duvets/pillows but saying that they weren't stingy with the heat so it's not a must, I would have also liked the shower to be stronger and a mini bar. The view from our room was beautiful and it was so nice not to have to get taxis as we walked to the Garvogue which had an excellent live band- the Glitter Bugs, but there was a great choice of pubs and live music on the doorstep of the Glasshouse.

The breakfast was lovely- fresh fruit, walnuts, slections of breads and cheeses and a fab cooked breakfast. Free parking is fantatsic! We would stay again for sure :)

Room Tip: Ask for a high room as there was a birthday function so perhaps if you were lower you may hear noise...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This is a review of the bar and bar food area only, I'm a local in Sligo and and have been eating in the Glasshouse for years and have always liked going there. However in the past year or two, the place has gone down a lot.

It's now very jaded and tired looking. The food quality has decreased while the price has increased. The staff are for the most part poorly trained and unprofessional (there are one or two old hands who are good).

It says it all that I was looking to get lunch one day over Christmas just gone in Sligo, I couldn't get a seat in any cafe I went to but when I went to the Glasshouse, I had my pick of seats. Custom there has dropped off a huge amount and it's for a reason.

I'd like the manager to read this and do something, I'm really disappointed as I used to love going in to the Glasshouse for lunch or a cup of tea, but it's just not the same any more. I'm especially surprised at the unprofessional staff as surely with all the unemployment these days, you could find better employees than the current ones? And with the decreased business at the moment, I think you would have extra time to train them properly?

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank wessexw
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The Hotel was spotless, the staff were so friendly
We stayed in the delux suite as this was the only one available it was a bit pricey in my opinion
at 150 euro, but with balcony and the river was quite nice
Would deffinetly stay there again,

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Noeleen G
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here recently,and have to say this is a top hotel.Staff were very friendly and food was excellent

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank john b
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at the hotel in June whilst competing in the nearby Rosses Point Triathlon. I thought the hotel was average and little more. The rooms were fine and clean, The dining experience was poor though. We ordered dinner and for the prices we expected much more than pub standard fare. We raised this with the duty manager and he was excellent but it still left a taint on the stay.

Although I am rating it as average I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed here on Friday nite with my hubby. This is a fabulous hotel in a great location, right in the middle of Sligo town overlooking the river which we had a lovely view of from our room on the 4th floor. Bedroom was very large & spacious. The breakfast was superb & staff on reception were most pleasant & helpful. I highly recommend this hotel & will definately be returning in the near future for a longer stay :) :) :)

Room Tip: Room 428, great view of the river.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple