“Fab hotel- highly recommend”
Review of The Glasshouse

The Glasshouse
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We had a 2 night mid week stay in the galsshouse with a Grabone deal I had purchased. From time of booking to checking out dealing with the hotel was just perfect. From the gorgeous airy room to the fantastic staff this hotel experience was great.
I would recommend it to anyone and we definitely will return.
Many thanks !!

Room Tip: River view rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasshouse_GM, Sales Manager at The Glasshouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dea oclmk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Glasshouse, Sligo.
I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experiences with us from booking to checking out. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and good value for money.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Glasshouse

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I’ve stayed at the Glasshouse a couple of times for work. The decor is modern and bright, with clean and comfortable rooms. Bathroom was clean with bath and shower and one of the times I stayed I had a small balcony overlooking the river. There is not a wireless connection in the rooms, but you can get a good wired internet connection or wireless was available in the bar and restaurant. Food at breakfast and from room service was tasty and in large portions! The location is also good, with the shops and restaurants in the town just a short stroll away. The staff I spoke with were really friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank WarwickTraveller_1

Dear WarwickTraveller_1,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experiences with us in The Glasshouse, Sligo. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our spacious, clean rooms & modern decor, along with our friendly staff and excellent food.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Rooms spacious and nice decor, ground floor bar very busy could have done with clearing tables more frequently. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Glasshouse_GM, Sharon Clancy at The Glasshouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear shellkireland,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay in The Glasshouse, Sligo.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed spacious rooms, nice decor along with the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed here with my partner in January 2012 on a combined business/pleasure stay. I am not in to contemporary structures such as the glasshouse, but I have absolutely no other complaints from the moment we stepped inside until we left. Staff were friendly and helpful. I booked through SuperValu getaway breaks; the package was 2B&B and a dinner. I was surprised when we checked in that we had been given a room with a balcony overlooking the river, it was a real surprise as another time when I thought I might be staying here but plans changed and I didn't stay here, I was told that I would have to pay extra for a river view room. The room was spotless and included what you would usually expect from a 4 star hotel, tea/coffee biscuits etc. the room and bathroom were a very good size. The flat screen television had optional movies and Internet for a fee, which I thought, was very handy. Breakfast was very good and the meal was also. This would definitely be my first choice for a stay in Sligo, so long as the price is right, (it is a bit dear at times). I have given it an excellent score for value but this was as I booked through SuperValu. also, plenty of free underground parking!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear absolutetruth,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences during your visit to The Glasshouse, Sligo. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us.
We pride ourselves on providing modern, clean and spacious accommodation along with great food.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Glasshouse in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed in the Glasshouse hotel,from friday to sunday,with a group,the hotel room was excellent,(even had a balcony). The evening meal on friday was a disaster,40 minutes between each course,the main meal,i got cod,it was tasteless,the meal itself was lukewarm,as if someone put it into the microwave for 2 minutes,to warm it up. On saturday night,service was getting a bit better,25 minutes between each course,decided to get roast beef,again it was lukewarm,another microwave job.The staff were ok,the lift service was slow,the carpets in the corridors,was hypnotic.For a trendy hotel,it was too trendy,(stupid drawings everywhere,even in the rooms). The downside was,the meal,but overall,it needs to improve.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Came here for a business meeting and was pleasantly impressed.
Excellent central location, easily accessed underground parking, helpful staff and food was yummy. Can't comment on the rooms as I didn't stay but would return in future.. :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Dear Flame187,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment after your recent meeting here in The Glasshouse, it is great to receive feedback from visitors who do not stay overnight as well visitors that do.
I'm glad to read that you enjoyed our 'yummy' food and service along with our location and parking.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future when hopefully you get the chance to sample our modern bedrooms.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel on Monday night, was in Sligo on business. I found the hotel to be really nice, I have stayed here before. The staff are really nice and couldn't do enough for me. I ate in the bar and they had an excellent deal. Only wifi in the bar, and the room access wasn't great so gave up on it. Its a very bright and kinda mondern hotel with crazy carpets and pictures but I like it, bathroom was beautiful. Would recommend this hotel for its location and staff

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river, excellent views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear krossikatzDublin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay in The Glasshouse, Sligo. I was delighted to read that you are a repeat customer and you really enjoy staying here with us.
We pride ourselves on providing good value in the Heart of Sligo City and excellent customer service.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.