“Right in Town”

The Glasshouse
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
“Right in Town”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Glasshouse is in a great location right in the center of Sligo town.You can walk around the town and just drop back to your room.There is a under ground Car Park which carries a €3.00c a day charge,which while it's a small charge I think it's a bit small minded to charge Residents.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of a high standard
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Roddy906

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I'm sorry M/S mañager
As you probably have gleamed for loads of reviews
Your lifts need to be replaced
Just do it
There were customers actually locked in as in stuck in it as we waited 5 mins to use it as we had luggage and were trying to check out
And charging for car parking ?
You are not in London or Newyork
The town was deserted after 6 pm the day we stayed

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Very central, very clean. Each bedroom had it's own unique personality. Large bathrooms. Each bedroom has it's own wifi router.

Most of the bedrooms have terrible views.

Breakfast is amazing.

One room I stayed in (been here several times) had no working plugs. They offered to move me and upgrade but I fell for the rooms decor so stayed;

Elevators will drive you mental and the stairs feel like that scene out of the labyrinth when you are trying to figure out where you are.

I wasn't terribly keen with the very chilled attitude of the reception staff upon arrival last time; standards have slipped a little in that regard. A little over-priced as well for a hotel with few entertainment facilities.

Stayed August 2014
ireland
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

A bit mean yo charge three euro for car parking for residents. Also awkward, you have to pay in cash at exit& the barrier drops really fast! Be careful! At least if you could pay at checkout and be given a code/ card to get out, exact change is hassle.
No fridge in room but there is an ice bucket however no ice machine on my floor .
Staff were bit tardy for breakfast at 7 and looked tired maybe working too long shifts ? Oh and nobody wants to listen to Abba full blast at 7 am thanks ! Silence would be preferable .
Great reception staff when I was there this time during the day & at night : genuine , friendly and good. Overall definitely feels like a budget hotel

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Morealle
New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights and was very happy with the accommodations. Modern hotel with great wifi and TV technology, clean rooms. Hotel restaurant was very good and probably one of the best places in town. The hotel bars also looked very trendy and cool place to hang out. Only very minor annoyance were the 2 super slow elevators, which was resolved by taking the stairs (only on 2nd floor anyway).

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pmccar
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I phoned on Monday to make a booking, on Tuesday I arrived and there was no record of my booking and they were fully booked!
The very helpful receptionist suggested she try book me into another local hotel, but unknown to me she had spoken with her general manager, who came to meet with me.
I have to say I was immediately impressed by the general manager! She booked me into another hotel not too far away and pledged to pay the difference in room rate.
I have stayed in The Glasshouse before and will definitely choose to stay there again because of the professionalism and help while dealing with this matter.
Many thanks!

• Stayed August 2014
Glasshouse_GM, Director of Sales at The Glasshouse, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review of our hotel, firstly please accept my apologies for the mix up with your booking, this should not have happened. I am glad that we redeemed ourselves when you arrived and managed to get you looked after elsewhere. We look forward to welcoming you to The Glasshouse in the future.

Kind regards
Catherine Cronin
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for one night and was very happy with this hotel. Our room was very clean and bed was really comfortable. Couldn't fault the breakfast in any way. Food in the bar was lovely and very reasonably priced.
Only down falls were that the lifts were very slow and our toilet wouldn't flush at all. I believe housekeeping should keep an eye on things like that. Didn't really like either that we had to pay for parking.
Other than that would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Galway Girl

Thank you for taking the time to revfiew our hotel, I am glad that you liked the your room and our bar food, which is, as you say reasonably priced. I apologise if you found our lifts slow, the hotel is very busy and although we have two lifts they can be under pressure at certain times with guests arriving and departing. It is not acceptable that your toilet did not work properly and had it been brought to our attention, we could have rectified this for you or moved your room. On the car park charge, we charge 3 euro per night for overnight parking from check in until departure at 12 noon the next day, this for a city centre car park is very reasonable. It is a nominal charge to cover the upkeep of the car park, I am sure, if you live in Galway, you can appreciate that compared to other locations it is a low charge.

I hope that you will come back again soon and visit us in Sligo.

Kind regards