“Decent Pub Grub”

Ranked #4 of 122 Restaurants in Sligo
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Had dinner in the bar area. Quite an extensive menu of fairly standard dishes available. The food was ok and the service was also fine but a little erratic. The decor in the bar is nice. Fine for a standard evening out but, in my opinion, not for a special occasion.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The possible worst service that I have ever got in a restaurant. The staff were rude and the service was slow. There is a lot better restaurants in Sligo and I definitely will not be back.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

For our work night out this year decided to go to Donaghys/Coach Lane. Hadn't been there in years. The menu was fab! There was 8 of us and service was very good - prompt and friendly staff. Place was quiet enough but it was a Wednesday eve. Each of us got something different off the Christmas Menu (€40 for a 4 course dinner with a glass of Proscecco on arrival) and each of us had a lovely meal. The veg with the main course was fab! I myself had the scallops with the goats cheese and black pudding tartlet....gorgeous! 1st time trying scallops and lovely! They were very small but a good intro to them! Main course I had the sirloin steak and there were a selection of deserts.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

My mom and I arrived in Sligo about 8pm and were a bit hungry after a long bus ride from Derry. Our B&B host (Pearse Lodge, by the way) recommended the Coach Lane/Donaghy's Bar. I didn’t expect to find a nice eating/drinking outlet at this location (near the bus and train stations), but Coach Lane/Donaghy's turned out to be exactly what we needed. We opted for a bar menu at the ground floor and came back the next day for our dinner. Then there was a local traditional Irish band playing. The place was quiet and cozy, and the food was excellent, including the seafood chowder! The prices are of course reasonable like in most Irish pubs.

2  Thank Kirill_Muradov
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Ate here on Saturday evening and chose from the bar menu which is extensive. We were given the choice to pick from the a la carte menu also with the choice to order from both if you so desired. We didn't bother with a starter as this place serves delicious bread while you are waiting for your order and found previously that we were just too full to eat the main course when it arrived, when we had starters. The food arrived promptly despite the fact that the place was full. It was all very enjoyable and the chicken quesadillas which I ordered were accompanied by chips and dips and very tasty. We decided to share a dessert (berry crumble) which was also nice but a bit skimpy on the crumble, and I did feel it was a bit overpriced at €7. The staff were all very pleasant to deal with, the place was clean and the atmosphere was great. Definitely will return again soon.