“expensive”

Coach Lane Restaurant at Donaghy's Bar
Ranked #9 of 128 Restaurants in Sligo
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Coach Lane Restaurant @ Donaghy's Bar is a multi-award-winning family run eatery located in the heart of Sligo. Check out our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter too, @coachlanesligo for the latest mouthwatering snaps!
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Although my main dish was ok, I expected more for my money. This place is quite pricey, pretentious in presentation, style over substance.

1  Thank greenbean80

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Excellent variety of food. Staff make the Coach lane restaurant what it is to-day and has been for some time.
Variety of food well cooked and presented. The waiting staff listen when taking your order and when it arrives there are no mistakes.
This restaurant is very busy especially at week-ends and during the holiday season - my advise book you table well in advance.
Its clean, comfortable,and heating is just right for the season. Well worth a visit - i know you will not be disappointed. Prices are on par with other restaurants in the town of Sligo.

1  Thank pebbles2_13
Reviewed 16 April 2014

food presented poorly. very small portions of fries and veg. there was 7 adults and 1 child, we asked for 1 child portion along with 7 adult portions. we were told child portion would be charged at full price. what a rip off. staff not helpful or friendley, my family and friends will never go back. bad experence that cost a lot of money.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I had a pre theatre meal on Friday April 4. We ate in the bar and were not disappointed. The signature complimentary hot bread and spread starter was delicious as usual. We shared a plate of ribs. My wife then chose a burger from the bar menu which she thoroughly enjoyed but the accompanying chips were poor. My fish pie was good and wholesome but might have been tastier. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have eaten here on maybe 10 occasions in the past year and the quality of food and service has been consistent and of a high standard. The menu is pretty standard with a focus on steak and seafood but seasonal specials can be a nice surprise.

The only criticisms I might have are the price (a little steep for what it is) and the constancy of the menu (some might see that as a strength). It would be nice to see an overhaul of the menu.

Generally though, good food, good service and never a let down.

1  Thank Marc O