“Stay away from this place”

Coach Lane at Donaghy's
Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Sligo
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Stay away from this place”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I would strongly advise anyone thinking of dining here to change their minds. I went here some weeks ago with my family and we left the place stinking of frying. That in itself isn't the worst, however, being one of my husbands pet hates he sent an email explaining what happened to which he didn't get a reply so a few weeks later he sent a further email, this one was responded to by someone so arrogant and rude I'm shocked their restaurant is actually still in business. Instead of a simple apology for the incident Andrew ( the owner I believe) decided that being petty and rude was more important. Ive never witnessed such a lack of customer service in all my years of dining out. With more and more nice restaurants opening up it's the customer service that can make or break them. If you want a decent service to go with your meal do not go to coach lane as Andrew does not take kindly to his customers having an opinion.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Halfpin

• Polish first
Galway, Ireland
“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very nice place, you are served up with a nice loaf of homemade bread on your arrival. Our meal was lovely and reasonably priced, the staff were nice as well.

• Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“This is how to do lunch!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have taken groups of 40-50 people all over Ireland and this was by far the best lunch spot we have been to! The food was great and very good value for money. The staff were incredibly helpful & friendly, couldn't recommend highly enough! Will definitely be stopping by for dinner the next time I'm in Sligo.

• Visited May 2014
GREEN BAY
“Good dining experience”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

In general, a good dining experience with quality food served by a very busy (almost rushed) wait staff. Both had the lamb shank special at €18 each which was well prepared and tasty. Most of the entrees were in the mid €20 range. Bread was actually some of the best restaurant bread we have had in a long time.

Visited May 2014
dublin, ireland
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have been back to Donaghys a few times since my review of July 2010, most recently over the Easter Holiday weekend when it was very busy. Neither I nor any of my party have ever been disappointed with our meals. The high quality of the food is consistent and the staff are well trained, efficient and very helpful. I visit Sligo regularly and eat in many restaurants but would rate Donaghys as number one. Tip... the house wine served by carafe is good and very reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2014