“Great place”
Review of Pearse Lodge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
Pearse Lodge B&B
Ranked #1 of 26 Sligo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2011

=====================================================================
It was a fantastic place to stay, best b&b ever.
Clean room, excellent breakfast, superb staff.
Recommended place.
You can see some pictures of the place.
Found by chance along the route.
=====================================================================

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 July 2011

mary and kieron were the perfect hosts and their bed and breakfast was excellent. Easy to find with convenient off road parking. 10/10 for everything.

Room Tip: clean and comfertable en suite b-room with everything you required
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here two nights in June 11 and loved it. The hosts, Mary and Kieran, were very personable and helpful with local recommendations. It's about a 10-minute walk to the center of town. Breakfasts were excellent and the house itself is beautiful, with comfortable common areas and gardens. Our room was spacious and tastefully decorated. A small grocery right across the street was very convenient and there is a drop-off laundry about a block away that did same-day laundry. We had absolutely no problems or issues of any kind during our stay here and will recommend it to friends. A must-see if you like traditional Irish music is the Coleman Music Center in Gorteen, about 30 minutes away.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed one night July 2011 - we got lost twice but proprietor was most helpful in providing directions and even offered to drive out and guide us. Room was excellent, my daughter rated it the best of our holiday. B&B perfectly situated for walking into Sligo, for sightseeing or dining out. Recommended restaurants for eating were perfect and if we'd been up to it there were pubs recommended for their music. Breakfast was phenomenal - I've never had such a variety or quantity - you really don't need to eat until the evening after this breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank VisitorSWales51
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here whilst touring Ireland. The welcome was very warm and the hosts are extremely helpful. Full of great advicxe whether it be where to eat or what countryside to see. Room was exceptional. We have stayed at many B&B/hotels on this tour but this was the best of all. Short stroll of about 10 minutes into town, where there are a selection of bars and restaurants. Ate at a restaurant called Sligo Source (recommended by our hosts) which was excellent. Had a drinks at a pub with live music, great.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveC27
Reviewed 8 June 2011

The rooms were beautifully decorated and appointed. The bed was large and comfortable. The owners were helpful, friendly, full of information, and very nice. I highly reccomend this B&B, it is exactly what you hope a B&B to be.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This B&B was recommended in a travel book, but it didn’t give it justice. No detail was overlooked in this immaculately clean lodge. Upon entering, you will be warmly greeted by Keiron and Mary Kearney. We stayed in the Hazel room, which had a double and a single bed. The room was well decorated with light blue and chocolate brown colors. It felt as though I was staying with a friend that gave me their bedroom for the night! The shower was modern with adjustable/detached head and the towels were very soft and smelled fresh. There was even a hand pump with the soap at the bathroom sink, which really made me feel like I was at home (unlike unwrapping a bar of soap). The toilet paper was even very soft!

The beds were unbelievably comfortable. The sheets were very crisp (yes, there was a top sheet unlike many other B&B’s offer) and the beds were topped with a down comforter. There was a mounted flat screen television with plenty of channel selections. Wifi was included, although sparatic by US standards – this could have been a random fluke however. There was also a dressing area with a mirror, table, and plenty of lighting for putting on my make-up.

Also, a nice touch was the decorated glass bottle of drinking water. The details put into the Pearse Lodge made me feel like I was back at home for the night. My husband and I have been traveling around Ireland for 9 days and this is BY FAR the best B&B we’ve encountered.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple