“Cyclists beware-Rude and unfriendly owner”
Review of Matt the Thrasher

Matt the Thrasher
Limerick, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Cyclists beware-Rude and unfriendly owner”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Cyclists beware – in the middle of a long Saturday cycle I decided to grab some lunch in the pretty looking Matt the Thrasher. I discreetly, placed my bicycle beside me and was promptly told me the owner that it had to be put in car park. I tried to explain that as I was out on a long cycle I had not carried my lock with me and therefore would not feel comfortable having my bike anywhere that wasn’t in plain view to me. His response was a very sharp ‘well Madame that isn’t my problem is it” and retreated back into the restaurant.

A number of customers were quite shocked at this exchange and directed me to a pub across the road.

I have never met such a rude and unfriendly owner with no consideration to the needs of customers

Visited August 2012
8 Thank fi314

dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“overpriced and dirty”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

just want to get you out asap. food reasonable standard but totally overpriced. small fat little man taking order with zero manners. places like this give Irish tourism and business a bad name.
little man nearly cried when a elderly couple sat down and only ordered a pot of tea

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Muribono
ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Expensive dump”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

What they charge for food here is daylight robbery. We had two soups, chicken goujons and chips (small portions, like what you would get from a chipper) and 2 bottles of coke for 55euro!!!! The decor is awful, its a poky smelly pub. AVOID!

Visited August 2011
4 Thank rua25
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“dreadful”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I went to this place twice. The first time I liked it a lot... the food was fresh, wholesome... and well cooked with nice service. The second time however was a different story... This was the day after and the staff i found unfriendly. I asked the waitress for coeliac options and had to insist TWICE that she ask the chef and in both occasions she had guessed incorrectly and they did have gluten in them.... The food came. The fries were recooked and my fish was ok. When the bill came we were charged both for coffee and fries that did not come. 50 euro for a 2 person lunch in tipperary. VERY VERY shocked to be charged for 2 things that were not ordered. I would not recommend this place. The Asian woman who seems to manage it (not that it matters she's asian just to point her out) is obviously untrustworthy in my experience. DO NOT GO HERE. I WILL CONDEMN this place..... for LIFE. I HOPE they go out of business and replaced by a friendly affordable restaurant.... a bit like what I experienced the first time!

Visited July 2012
5 Thank barry r
Limerick
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wayyyyyy too pricey for what it is...”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Stopped here for lunch on the way from Limerick to Dublin. I was hungry but the prices of the main dishes were off-the-wall crazy. I opted for the chowder. There was nothing wrong with it, but for what I paid I probably could have gotten a decent feed somewhere else.

Visited May 2012