“overprice and very average food”
Review of Matt the Thrasher

Matt the Thrasher
Reviewed 22 April 2013

this place is way too dear and the food is not even above average. staff were rushing us. definately will not go here again, no value for money whatsoever.

1  Thank Gerard C

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We found this place by chance on our way to County Clare when we turned off the motorway to get some lunch. We had soup and filled floury baps and they were all delicious, freshly prepared and well presented. The soup was served with home-made brown bread which was very tasty as was the home-made soup. The service was good also.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

We arrived with a group of 14 people as part of a casual business dinner. The staff was friendly and attentive. The sea food selections were very well done. I had the baked cod in a pearl onion sauce. It was delicious. Others had the fish and chips and liked them very much. The baked hake in butter was popular as well. I just cannot fathom why there are negative reviews about this restaurant; it was great. I have eaten at some fabulous restaurants all over the world and this was a very well done meal at a reasonable price. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Called there in august of this year with a large party owner/manager acted like he didnt want us there at all even when we all ordered a good amount of the expensive food.
If the food was better and bit and that guy at the bar made you feel more welcome i might like to call again , but as it i would just feel conned if i called again and as they say fool me once shame on you, con me twice shame on me.

3  Thank rockfield1
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I don't normally do reviews but felt compelled.
I understand totally that people can have a bad experience - happened to me many times.
But this is a great place. I was there on client lunches a few times and food was fantastic - so was service. Given the staff are often very busy - but the decor and the atmosphere is worth maybe asking a second time for something!! Loved it enough to give vouchers as presents. Don't be put off the fish is really good. It is well worth a try.