“Very Disappointing”
Review of Matt the Thrasher

Matt the Thrasher
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Stopped there for lunch. Worst toasted sandwich I've ever seen. How they could charge €5.95 is unbelieveable. Kids got Goujons and chips that were way overlooked. In fairness, the chowder wasn't bad but we won't be back. Very bad value.

Visited August 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Rip off.”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Coming from dublin, stopped off at matt the thrashers, I got a prawn salad as a main course, absolutely appauled about six prawns on the plate, lettuce and tomato, so much for prawn salad, cost €19.99 the biggest rip off ever. My husband got cod and chips that cost €16.95. Chips were not even fresh, they were taken from a freezer. You would have bought this in any chipper for approx €6.00 . I was absolutely discussed, I have advised all my friends and work collegues never to eat there. I will tell you we will never again set foot in there.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Gurtnegara
Cork City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Very Disappointing! Never Again..”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Having been here in past and thought it was just ok, we decided to give this place another look as we were in the area.
Old themed bar with lots of antique items scattered around.

We both order starters and main.
I had the chowder and half ceaser salad for my other good half.
Salad seemed ok, but my chowder seemed to be brown and when I tastes it I immediatly knew what was going on. Chef had taken veg soup which was also on menu and lumped in a few pieces of fish mix. Not a great starter by any means and I paid 6.95 for this!

Mains were 2 burgers @12.95 each. 1 with cheese, and I had cheese and bacon.
When they arrived we were greated by my pet hate!!! Cheap small burger buns, the same kind you get a burger van or out of a value pack.
The meat content was questionable. I got two pieces of what appeared to be bone in mine. At this point we decided to skip dessert and leave.

When we went to pay I was asked the by manager if everything was ok. I explained I was not happy with burger and told her about the bone and cheap buns. All she had to say was "maybe there was a bone in when they minced the meat"... Enough said.

Even though we were clearly not satisfied, the manager still charged us full price!!

We left without leaving a tip and wont be giving Matt The Trasher a third chance.

Up your game Matt,,, change your chef, improve your food quality and reduce your prices before its too late.

Visited June 2013
Kildare, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good food but overpriced”
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Driving on the m7 stopped here for lunch it's only 5 mins from motorway good parking! The food was beautiful I had hake and chips and my girlfriend had chicken tenders and chips both with a glass of coke. both dishes were lovely however at €35 I felt it a bit overpriced for pub grub in a small tipp village! The service was friendy and welcoming!

Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“overprice and very average food”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

this place is way too dear and the food is not even above average. staff were rushing us. definately will not go here again, no value for money whatsoever.

Visited April 2013