“Great atmosphere, Great Food.”
Review of Bodega!

Bodega!
Ranked #12 of 188 Restaurants in Waterford
Price range: US$20 - US$49
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Waterford City is a restaurant that champions the local food experience. Vaguely Spanish in decor with a funky eclectic mix of food and ambiance that may well be described as Mediterranean. Most definitely, not a conventional Irish restaurant experience. Critics and regulars alike acknowledge this place is fun and different. With early bird menus from €23, this is an affordable treat in a relaxed atmosphere. But it's worth persevering according to the critics:" With its warm Mediterranean colour, this place would bring the sun out on the darkest of days" Georgina Campbell "Much loved menu that hits all the right buttons" The Irish Times"It's a dream vision of owners - Cormac & Donagh - who stamp their left field imprimatur on the excellent food & the fine drinks that make folk flock here in their droves" John & Sally McKenna"Bodega! Gives the taste of the med, and also the vigour & joie de vivre of the med" Bridgestone Guide
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Joined colleagues from work in Bodega for a Christmas night out. I had the gin soaked salmon gravlax for starter which was really delicious. I then had the Venison which was cooked to perfection.
Food was perfect and service excellent.
The general consensus from the group was very positive.
I would recommend Bodega and I'm looking forward to my next meal there.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Dined here with a large group of 10 people.My dish of pan fried venison was cooked to perfection while others in the group had indifferent experiences .the main consensus was that the food was overly complex with prices to match (this was the view of those that live local)
I would recommend Bodega but choose you dish carefully.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Was here for lunch there on monday as i wonted something different for me and my father to go to.

Service was good and well looked after

So we picked here as i always wonted to try here after passing it countless times

We both decided to go for sirloin steak for €17 euros on the lunch menu and it only came with chips so it was fairly dear for lunch time and the Steak was only 6 OZ

Steak was cooked right but 4 bites is notting for €17 euros.

After it i got a charlotte and peanut butter brownie with ice cream and my dad got a Blaa Bread and butter pudding they where very small for €7 euro each and there was about 3 bites in each.

Food was nice but as i was hungry its not a place to go if you wont some food

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Visited Bodega for lunch while on a business trip to Waterford. The staff are very friendly, the food could not be faulted and a very enjoyable experience from start to finish. The only drawback was the price. I called in at around 13.20 but there was no rush hour traffic. I can only put it down to price as everything else was spot on. The place was lacking a little on atmosphere as not even half the tables were filled.
Put a full house in there with more moderate prices and then you'd have a super atmosphere. €18.50 for my plaice with champ is fine for dinner but it's not lunch prices. Top notch though on all other fronts.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We came across the place on our stroll through town as we saw the daily specials on the chalkboard outside. The Seafood platter immediatelly caught our attention! So we went in and caught the last unreserved table. The food was amazing and every little dish of the platter (4 dishes) tasted different. My hake with potato purree and a mushroom reduction was also delicious. Generally I would say Waterford is not a bad place for fish and seafood dishes. Enjoy.. and better reserve in time.