“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Fontana

La Fontana
Ranked #20 of 173 Restaurants in Waterford
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An intimate Italian restaurant located within Waterford's historic Viking Quarter 'The Viking Triangle'. La Fontana is built on tradition, authentic Italian cuisine cooked with locally sourced ingredients. With excellent customer service and a wide range of wines and mouth-watering dishes, La Fontana is the perfect place to sit and enjoy an evening on Waterford's beautiful waterfront.
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Located on the Quay over looking the William Vincent Wallace plaza we enjoyed a good meal here. We didn't stay for sweets as a pipe and drum group had started to play outside on the plaza and the sound had started to reach us in the restaurant. Very pleasant staff and surroundings and the food was good with large portions. Good value.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Chris S

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian in Waterford. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband went to this restaurant on Friday 08/08/2014. We had eaten here many times before but had not been there together in quite a while. That day I read some negative reviews about the service so needless to say I was a little apprehensive. However, I would imagine someone in the restaurant had read these negative results too as the service was fantastic. The waitresses were friendly and extremely attentive. They appeared to enjoy their job and couldn't have been nicer. The only suggestion I would make would be to slow down when telling about the specials or write the specials up on a black board as it was difficult to understand what was bring said.
The food was fabulous. We went for the early bird and it was fantastic value. My husband had the steak and I had the John Dory. The experience overall was fantastic and I highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Dee O
Waterford, Ireland
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a lovely dinner in La Fontana on my birthday. The service was friendly and professional. The menu is excellent and we had amazing value for money in the Early Bird. My starter of prawns and main which was the fish special were faultless and my husbands seafood spaghetti was very tasty too. Very happy and looking forward to returning soon :)

2 Thank Si0bhan33
Zurich, Switzerland
“EXCELLENT FOOD AND EXCELLENT SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We intended to go to Emiliano's who was closed so we tried La Fontana. Two of us had a Piazza and the other two Pasta. Both were excellent and the waitress very charming and efficient. She spoke little Italian with a nice accent and she adored Swiss people as most of them speak several languages.

1 Thank peterhzurich
“Excellent food (5 star) but TERRIBLE service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The waitresses were drunk! YES- they were really drunk. Talking nonsense and they couldn't even walk properly! It was a terrible experience and I am wondering how could they come to work in that state. It was dangerous for them to serve hot food to the customers. This is unsafe- they were not fit to work! We were very annoyed but stayed because we heard good things about the food. And the food was indeed excellent! Special seabass was the best. The pasta and pizza were delicious. The best food in Waterford I must say but I never want to see those waitresses again.

Gloria H.