“Love Love Love this Place”
Review of Zaks

Zaks
Ranked #48 of 174 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Love Love Love this Place”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This a must try restaurant if in Waterford. The food is amazing, excellent attentive service and a great atmosphere, Try the pork belly, it is to die for :)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Honestly28

Epsom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Fantastic food and friendly staff. I cannot recomend this restaurant highly enough - my wife is vegetarian and whilst there were veggie options ordering slightly off menu was no problem at all and I had the freshest fish I have ever tatsed. You must try the Guiness creme brulee - it is sublime

• Visited November 2013
“Michelin quality food without the pretence”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Another outstanding meal at Zak's!!! The food here is world-class, fine-dining quality using exceptionally good local ingredients, and without the fuss or pretension one often gets at Michelin quality restaurants. My wife and I had the good fortune to join friends and colleagues at a recent celebratory event in the Athenaeum Hotel last night. Memorable, for all the right reasons: hospitality, quality, welcome, and flavours!

Highlights from our meal were:
1: locally smoked trout with gooseberry garnish: cut thickly for a more intense and even flavour than some of the best smoked salmon I've ever had!
2: pan-fried fillet of Dunmore East hake: cooked to perfection and a proper size fillet that is worth travelling for on its own!
3: roast rack of locally sourced lamb, cooked to order and finger lickingly tasty!

Compliments to the chef all round, and a warm thanks to the proprietors for a memorable evening! I cannot wait to return . . .

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MD G
Dublin-Ireland
“Superb ...in every way”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had the pleasure of hosting a family event in the Athenaeum House hotel this weekend and it was wonderful from start to finish.
Even before it started the whole phone booking process combined with the desire to get everything right from the beginning was superb .
The flexibility and welcome as we arrived were outstanding .
The food was of the highest standard,beautifully presented ,huge variety and with plenty more available for those with hungrier appetites.There were twenty plus of us present and not only was everyone happy with their meals they were delighted with the variety on offer and the care demonstrated in preperation .This is sometimes so lacking when a large group suffers through the rush to serve all together.
However what really stood out for me was the attention ,attitude and welcome received from all of the staff whom we were in contact with .It was a pleasure to behold and really was the cap on the day for me and those with me .
Everyone was listened to ,responded to and welcomed throughout.
Excellent in every way
I ,and we in the group ,will be back ,singularly and collectively to this great establishment.

• Visited September 2013
Mooncoin, Kilkenny, Ireland
“A Perfect Day”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We recently had our daughters christening dinner at Zakss Athenaeum House and I have to say it was just perfect in everyway. The dinner was for 17 adults and 5 children, we were given a beautiful room just off the main restaurant, dinner was delicious (even the kid’s meals) and the service was excellent. Our older children were able to play in the large lawn off the back patio. We had such a lovely relaxed day, we didn't want to leave when it was time to get the kids home to bed. I wish I could comment on the rooms but unfortunately I didn’t get to stay - maybe next time!

• Visited August 2013