“Beautiful experience ”

Cafe Goa
Ranked #17 of 193 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve never eaten Indian food before and I was a bit sceptical about this but me and my husband took a adventure and went to this place tonight. As a Italian that eats only pasta I can tell you this place was incredible, everything was really nice, great atmosphere, beautiful people and really good fresh food! Very, very highly recommended! And they do take away!!! Just perfect!

3  Thank Mary S

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Delicious Indian food! My partner got very good vegetable samosas and the Goa Curry which he thought was great.

I got the Tikka Masala and garlic naan, both of which were delicious.

Slightly disappointed that they only had ice cream for desserts and they weren't doing Mango Lassi.

2  Thank lisamw411
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Super fa of Indian food. And this was one of the worst restaurants I've been in my life. The Nan is very different and much inferior to the traditional Nan. Nan garlic had no garlic. Nan cheese had no cheese. Very sweet Tikka Masala. And the staff always in a hurry, giving the impression that we would have to wander the table as quickly as possible. I was very disappointed. It's not a real Indian restaurant.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Really excellent service finding a perfect table near the window which suited ... no hassles in request and so very friendly in their response the food as always, was super and excellent ! Never been disappointed here and thanks again for first class service and looking after all your customers.

3  Thank pompeypaulo
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Had read great reviews of this restaurant but were hugely disappointed. Arrived on a Saturday evening and were shown to a tiny cramped table. All the tables appeared very small.

A pre-starter of dips and papadums arrived almost immediately. We ordered starters and mains. The waiter came down a few moments later while we still eating the papadums and advised that the starter was ready, asking did we want it served yet.
We were surprised to be hurried like this and asked that the starter be held until we finished with our papadums. The waiter acknowledged this. Almost immediately, another waiter arrived with the starter and insisted on putting it on the table despite our previous request. We protested but the waiter ignored this and proceeded to place the platter on the table, stating that the kitchen was busy! This was inexcusable.

The starter, a "meat platter" consisted of chicken only. No other variety e.g. lamb or prawns.
No sooner had the starter been cleared than the main course arrived. The food itself was fine but our meal was ruined by the rude and rushed "service".

We had deliberately waited until after the "early bird" menu had finished before we arrived, as on the night we wanted a leisurely meal and were happy to pay a la carte.
What we got was an extraordinarily rushed meal and rude service. In and out in 45 minutes. Hardly the leisurely meal we had hoped for and would certainly not return. This is the first time in living memory that we did not leave a tip in a restaurant as we were so appalled.

1  Thank S M