“honest food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2013

nothing to dislike. food is good quality although a limited menu.
staff very helpful, v good pint .
Clean, friendly and a good atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Another wonderful meal in Becketts! Have been going with my family and friends over 5 years now and we have always found food, staff and general atmosphere of the place top notch. Only problem for us is trying to decide what to order ! Felt compelled to finally review after a function i attended there recently.
Being a picky couple (and one with special dietary requirements) we find both staff and chefs go above and beyond to ensure we have a great meal every time. Was very surprised to see a negative comment about the staff in another review. Maybe it's them that has the problem ...! All in all great food and free parking!

1  Thank Dinnerdinnerdinner2
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Absolutely love Becketts, we tend to go there a lot with groups of friends and the food and staff are always so lovely. Adore the duck salad - a must try. I have never had a bad experience with the staff; the waitresses are always really friendly and helpful. Great menu choice and food never disappoints.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

I have always heard great things about Becketts but had a rather disappointing experience myself when we went there, the waitress was a little rude, not the girl who greeted us who was very nice, rather our server who I could have swore sighed at me at one stage when I asked for a second drink.

Overall the food was alright, nothing special but good bar food, the only issue I had was the price, I felt I was certainly overpaying for what I got and would be put off returning due to a combination of this and the waitress' attitude, in the service industry it really is important to have staff who can at least fake like they are pleasant and polite to customers!

Reviewed 26 March 2013

We went here for my niece's christning on Sunday last and our meal was lovely. I had soup and beef and meat was lovely and plenty of it on the plate. We had christning cake to finish off. Staff were very good. my 12 year old daughter was having her jelly and ice cream and asked for cake too, and when finished asked for second slice of cake, waitress was lovely and got more cake for her. We were surprised that she ate so much, as normally she picks and is fussy, but not today.