“love it”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2017

love everything about this place! the decor is beautiful you wouldn't think it was a pub, but has that friendly, welcoming pub feeling Ireland is famous for :) came here as a spur of the moment lets try something new lunch and was not disappointed, I only had the brie with a side of home made chips (so difficult to get homemade chips in a pub), and I was very happy, impressive menu, impressive decor and love the casual uniforms the staff wear. The garden surrounding the Cottage is just beautiful and I can't wait for the summer to have an outdoor lunch in it.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

After flying from Pittsburgh and spending the day driving from Cork, we checked into our B and B and this was recommended by our host.
It was conveniently close to where we were staying.
I had the fried haddock (and chips) and started with a bowl of butternut squash soup. The food was delicious, and the Guinness went down easy.
The atmosphere was fun, there was a little celebration in the next room as Waterford had just placed second in the All Ireland hurling final.
Great place

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

This place use to be fantastic but what's being served up these days is cheap and frozen. Not only that, you could be waiting an hour for food.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Had Sunday lunch here recently with the family. We didn't have a reservation and the restaurant was full, but since it was a sunny day, we decided to stay and enjoy lunch on the lovely garden patio. The food and service were both very good. The service wasn't superfast, but considering how big the patio garden is and distance from the main restaurant, the service was overall efficient and very friendly. Couldn't fault the staff. I had a chicken burger, which was delicious. My mother had the beef burger, also delicious. The chips were the tastiest I've had in ages. But the garden patio itself is enchanting with lots of space between tables. I loved it.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here with two friend.
The wait staff are friendly attentive and genuine in their advice.
We had the cajan chicken burger, the meatballs and the pulled pork.
All were very nice.
The restaurant is spacious and modern.
I would return for sure .
Very convenient for anyone staying in Faithlegg house hotel