“Great Place”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

We visited this as a group, a fantastic place, food and service was excellent, price of drink also very good and they did not rip us off as other hotels sometime do.
It was very close to shops.
They had entertainment on both fri and say night and it was excellent

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, it is lovely to read about our guests experience with us. I am so happy to read that you and your friends enjoyed our food, service and pricing.
We look forward to welcoming you all back for another visit in the near future, theres always lots of sales on in the shops and festivals in the city and surrounding areas..

Karen Dollery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Bray, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed at hotel for two nights in February 12.
Welcoming. Well informed and very helpful staff.
Excellent location for visit to City.All main sites on doorstep.
Safe and secure parking.
Rooms good three star and clean-everything you need.
Rooms quiet some with beautiful river view,
Excellent value and will use again on next Waterford visit.
Ideal for tourist visit to wonderful city.
Visiting from County Wicklow.

Room Tip: River view is a bonus.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for spending time writing such a through review for us on Tripadvisor. Hopefully the journey from Wicklow was easier with the new road, although you miss all the scenery enroute you will get to us in just over an hour and a forty minutes. The local City Council have worked closely with Failte Ireland over the past few years to develop the Viking Triangle which starts literally 100yards away and work is still very much in progress on this regeneration and development. I am delighted to read that you are recommending us for tourists visits especially as you are living in the 'Garden of Ireland'.
I look forward to your return visit and would be grateful if you could give me an opportunity to introduce myself to you.
Bantry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

A convenient location on a quiet stretch of the river, with clean white bed wear and the option of a well prepared breakfast in the bedroom made this a great place to stay. This was a no fuss, easy place to stay with bright rooms and friendly staff who were well trained, showed initiative and who delivered great customer service. Perfect for a break or holiday. The staff are a model of personnel for any hotel that values their customers, and at this hotel exceed the service of hotels with more stars. Will return, well done.

2 Thank BantryMaureen
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a lovely review for the Waterford Marina Hotel. I will certainly post your review where all staff and managers can see how much their hard work is recognised and they would all agree with me when I say it is easy to be nice to nice people.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to visit us in Waterford in the not too distant future.
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I am a little late in writing this review but felt i had to share my wedding experience at the Marina Hotel. We had a wonderfull day thanks to the great staff at this hotel. Karen the manager was on hand to make sure everything ran smoothly. we were having a small wedding 50 day guests and another 80 in the evening. The room was done beautifully and the food was excellant. All the guests agreed. Karen even taught of bags for the children with colours and books for when they got restless during the speaches.We moved rooms for the evening reception and the food was again excellant with plenty for everyone. We stayed overnight and our room was beautiful overlooking the river. If you are thinking of having a small wedding in Waterford dont overlook the Marina because it was excellant value for money and you wont be dissappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey1979
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Hello Tracey, sorry for my delayed response to your lovely review. I am so glad you had a great day and I appreciate you sharing it with everyone to read on tripadvisor. I would like to say that I really enjoyed working with you leading up to your special day and myself and the staff are delighted that your family and friends were happy with all your choices. We hope to see you over the summer months, please let me know if you are coming to visit.
Warm regards
Karen and all the staff at the Waterford Marina Hotel.
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Just spent two nights in this Hotel and had a fabulous weekend. Firstly when I was booking the hotel I asked for a room with a view which I got looking over the river I also asked if I could bring my young son at the last minute and they said just ring a day or two beforehand (which I didn't in the end) but they had given us a lovely room with an extra bed just in case. The staff were excellent and they had a great deal on a three course meal with tea/coffee plus a bottle of wine for two for €50.00 and it was fabulous.

We took the room on a no breakfast basis so I cann't comment on that but the hotel was spotless and I would fully recommend it for a couples/friends break away. Took the bus into Dunmore East and had lunch in The Strand had the soup and a few guinness georgeous.

The Hotel is slightly off the beaten track but with satnav found it ok.

1 Thank marmaduck
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
I would like to thank you for writing such a nice complimentary review about your visit to the Waterford Marina Hotel and surrounding areas. It is lovely to read about our hospitality as experienced by our guests, all departments from reception, housekeeping, bar, restaurant and kitchen really appreciate your comments.
We hope you can visit us again in the near future, maybe during one of the many festivals and events that are on in both the City and County of Waterford.
Kilkenny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Tucked away in a back street yet a short distance from all the places of interest in Waterword.I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and have never been disappointed. I allways found the staff helful and friendly. Our room was a good size, with a double and a single bed. Clean servicable and with a view over the river. The pillows were a little thin but by taking one from the spare bed and an extra provided in the clothes hanging area this problem was solved. The provission of three extra pillows for the two beds would have been useful. Breakfast has allways been good and plentiful but for some reason the bacon allways had a rather cardboard texture.
Food in the resturant has never been a dissappointment. The bar food has never had the same appeal but that may just be my taste. Having said that the sandwiches have allways been first rate.
The secure free underground parking is a bonus.
All in all we have enjoyed our visits to this hotel and will continue to return.
I consider them to be excellent value for money.

1 Thank KilkennyPoet
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. It is really great to read that you have chosen to return to us on several occasions, we have a very high rate of return guests who come back mainly because the staff look after them with good food and service. When you are making your next reservation please tell us that you require additional pillows and they will be in your room prior to your arrival.
I hope you will introduce yourself to me on your next visit as I would like to have a chat about your visits and all feed back, good or bad would be welcomed going forward.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

we stayed two nights nice clean hotel lacked nothing food was good, the staff must be hand picked allways helpfull and cheerfull. this is how a hotel should be run ovr all a great time will be back

1 Thank ken m
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor for us here at the Waterford Marina Hotel. Your comments about the hotel and its staff are very much appreciated, I am very lucky to work with a great team who all do their very best to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us.
We look forward to your next visit to Waterford.