“Another great stay.”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
tipperary
“Another great stay.”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I would like to thank all the staff for treating me very well on my recent stay. The check-in staff were very accomodating. Breakfast and Restaurant staff extremely efficient. Hotel Manager is doing a great job in the running of this hotel. Evening meal excellent, especially the soup. The room was very clean. Warm and friendly atmosphere - just what you need in a hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for writing such a lovely review about the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, your comments about the staff are very much appreciated, I am glad you choose to returrn to us and I would like to opportunity to introduce myself on your next visit.
Looking forward to meeting you in the very near future.
Karen Dollery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with my daughter who had stayed previously and had recommended it. The staff were very friendly and we had a room with a river view. The beds were very uncomfortable and the room could have been cleaner, the skirting boards were very dusty. It was a sunny day and we had the window open and there was noise from an extractor fan below. There was live music in the bar that night. Had to close the window as the noise from the outside fan was loud. Was woken up later by a noise like a jumbo jet in the room, the ceiling fan in the bathroom was on and stayed on all night. I spoke to the manageress next morning at 9.30 am who said they would send someone up to the room at 10.30 to see where the outside noise was coming from and they would immediately disconnect the bathroom fan. Nobody arrived and the bathroom fan continued. We went out for the evening at 6.30pm and the fan was still going. We came back and sat in the bar till after midnight, when we went up to our room all was silent from the bathroom. At 6.45 am l was woke up again by the fan which was now back on. We checked out at noon and it was still going. Instead of waiting till l got home to complain on tripadvisor l brought the problem to the hotels attention but they chose to do nothing about it. It spoiled what was otherwise a very good weekend and l would not stay here or recommend anyone else to if they say they will look at a problem and then don't bother.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, It is lovely to read that the staff were friendly and looked after you, however I am dissappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time with us. I spoke to you myself at reception after your first night and I genuinely thought I had rectifyed the problem before I finished duty that afternoon but obviously this was not the case and for that I am very sorry.
I would be grateful if you could give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves and if you would like to contact me personally I would be happy to talk with you.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We booked this hotel at an excellent price and requested a river view room on top floor as far away from bar as possible as we needed a quiet room due to health problems. The hotel assigned this exact room which was much appreciated. It was spacious and very clean.

The staff at the Marina were very warm and friendly while being efficient and professional. It is great to receive good Irish hospitality with a smile. There was entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights which was enjoyable. We ate from the bar menu and the food was freshly cooked and tasty. The breakfast was excellent with a large choice. Ample secure on-site parking was a bonus as most hotels in Waterford do not have free private car parking.

We will use this hotel again when we return to Waterford.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor for everyone to read. I am delighted to see that we looked after your requests, we always try our very best to accommodate all requests. We really appreciate your lovely comments about the staff, the entertainment, the food, the parking and I would like to opportunity to introduce myself to you both on your return visit.
Many thanks again and I am looking forward to meeting you in the near future.
Karen and all the Team
Waterford Marina Hotel
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2012

For what we paid ($85) for 2 adults and 1 child this hotel was good. The bathroom could use a revamp but would stay again. There is no air con but it was nice to have the window open and fresh air to sleep.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time after your trip to Ireland to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in Waterford City. Just to let you know that next year is a very special year for Ireland, The Gathering 2013 is a series of events and festivals to celebrate Irish culture, history and genealogy.
Please have a look the various websites for information on all the celebrations throughout Ireland next year.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Everything was very nice of our stay at the Hotel. The rooms are spacious and the staff were very polite. The hotel is located near many shops and attractions. Also the bus and the train station is all within a mile of the hotel. We walked to and from these locations,

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, it is lovely to read such good comments about the hotel and we are all delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Please bear in mind that next year there are nationwide celebrations and events taking place which will be known as The Gathering 2013 and it would be lovely to welcome you back to Waterford City to enjoy the festivities.
Craigavon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Great location. Nice clean room. Secure parking. Lovely food and attentive staff! Would definitely recommend this hotel. Will be staying again. Only down side was that the bathroom could have been doing with an upgrade.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Thank you so much for writing a lovely review about the Waterford Marina Hotel after your recent visit to Waterford City. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you mentioned our great location, nice clean rooms, secure car parking, lovely food and attentive staff. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to all departments and I welcome to opportunity to introduce myself to you on your return in the very near future.
In the meantime have a look at the website for information on The Gathering 2013 which is being held nationwide next year and promises to have festivals and events to suit every visitor.
Trim, Ireland
Reviewed 29 August 2012

An excellent Hotel. Well situated for ALL routes. from the time of our arrival we were treated with great courtesy. the staff are the friendliest that we have encountered this year so far.

The accommodation was very good, clean and well serviced. The Restaurant food was excellent, served by very helpful , efficient and friendly staff. The views from the restaurant of the river was brilliant and made the meal a very peaceful experience.

A must of a Hotel for anyone staying in Waterford City.

Room Tip: a higher number gives excellent views of the river and environs.