“cant wait to stay again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waterford Marina Hotel

and 1 more site!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Cork, Ireland
“cant wait to stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

we are really looking forward to staying in this hotel again. The view is lovely, perfect for couples and the staff are really friendly and helpful, they would put a smile on anyones face. The rooms are very comfortable and the bar is also lovely, with great food and good music.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 22 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff looked after you, I have to agree that I work with a great team who will do their very best for our guests.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Waterford Marina Hotel and please allow me to introduce myself to you on your arrival.
Karen Dollery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

The first impression we got was a very warm welcome - the staff seemed to be keen to make sure we were comfortable, giving lots of friendly advice about places to go and things to see - lots of choice as the hotel is very close the the viking triangle.
Even though a coach party arrived at about the same time as we did, they still made a point of giving us more than enough attention for us to feel very welcome.
Hotel was very clean - the river view was well worth having. Room was comfortable and well maintained.
Restaurant provided good quality dinner in a fixed price deal that included wine, and was good value, given the cost of local restaurants in the area.
There was entertainment provided on one of the nights that we were there, and although it was pleasant enough as background music, I'm glad we didn't have to pay anything for it, as the quality of that one aspect of the stay was not up to the hotel's standard.

Room Tip: Try and get a river view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience in The Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments about the staff are very much appreciated. All departments have been given a copy of your review and our 'Entertainments' department would like you to know that they are reviewing the line up for 2013.
Please check out the Gathering 2013 for next year, we have a great line up of events and festivals taking place all around Ireland and would be delighted to welcome you, your family and friends back to enjoy the festivities.
We look forward to meeting you again in the future
Kind Regards
Karen and All The Team
Northampton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

First room smelled so much of smoke it made my throat burn. Staff was nice enough to switch our room even though they claimed they couldn't at first. Second room was large but sparcely furnished. Found old bandaid in phone and hair on bathroom wall. Breakfast was okay. Close walk to downtown but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am dissappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time with us and I would like to apologise for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I have addressed your issues with the relevant department manager.
I hope you both enjoyed the rest of your trip around Ireland and we hope you can tell all your family and friends about the special events in Ireland next year - The Gathering 2013 is taking place throughout Ireland with a series of events and festivals for our visitors to enjoy.
tipperary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

I would like to thank all the staff for treating me very well on my recent stay. The check-in staff were very accomodating. Breakfast and Restaurant staff extremely efficient. Hotel Manager is doing a great job in the running of this hotel. Evening meal excellent, especially the soup. The room was very clean. Warm and friendly atmosphere - just what you need in a hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for writing such a lovely review about the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, your comments about the staff are very much appreciated, I am glad you choose to returrn to us and I would like to opportunity to introduce myself on your next visit.
Looking forward to meeting you in the very near future.
Cavan, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with my daughter who had stayed previously and had recommended it. The staff were very friendly and we had a room with a river view. The beds were very uncomfortable and the room could have been cleaner, the skirting boards were very dusty. It was a sunny day and we had the window open and there was noise from an extractor fan below. There was live music in the bar that night. Had to close the window as the noise from the outside fan was loud. Was woken up later by a noise like a jumbo jet in the room, the ceiling fan in the bathroom was on and stayed on all night. I spoke to the manageress next morning at 9.30 am who said they would send someone up to the room at 10.30 to see where the outside noise was coming from and they would immediately disconnect the bathroom fan. Nobody arrived and the bathroom fan continued. We went out for the evening at 6.30pm and the fan was still going. We came back and sat in the bar till after midnight, when we went up to our room all was silent from the bathroom. At 6.45 am l was woke up again by the fan which was now back on. We checked out at noon and it was still going. Instead of waiting till l got home to complain on tripadvisor l brought the problem to the hotels attention but they chose to do nothing about it. It spoiled what was otherwise a very good weekend and l would not stay here or recommend anyone else to if they say they will look at a problem and then don't bother.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, It is lovely to read that the staff were friendly and looked after you, however I am dissappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time with us. I spoke to you myself at reception after your first night and I genuinely thought I had rectifyed the problem before I finished duty that afternoon but obviously this was not the case and for that I am very sorry.
I would be grateful if you could give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves and if you would like to contact me personally I would be happy to talk with you.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

We booked this hotel at an excellent price and requested a river view room on top floor as far away from bar as possible as we needed a quiet room due to health problems. The hotel assigned this exact room which was much appreciated. It was spacious and very clean.

The staff at the Marina were very warm and friendly while being efficient and professional. It is great to receive good Irish hospitality with a smile. There was entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights which was enjoyable. We ate from the bar menu and the food was freshly cooked and tasty. The breakfast was excellent with a large choice. Ample secure on-site parking was a bonus as most hotels in Waterford do not have free private car parking.

We will use this hotel again when we return to Waterford.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor for everyone to read. I am delighted to see that we looked after your requests, we always try our very best to accommodate all requests. We really appreciate your lovely comments about the staff, the entertainment, the food, the parking and I would like to opportunity to introduce myself to you both on your return visit.
Many thanks again and I am looking forward to meeting you in the near future.
Karen and all the Team
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

For what we paid ($85) for 2 adults and 1 child this hotel was good. The bathroom could use a revamp but would stay again. There is no air con but it was nice to have the window open and fresh air to sleep.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time after your trip to Ireland to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in Waterford City. Just to let you know that next year is a very special year for Ireland, The Gathering 2013 is a series of events and festivals to celebrate Irish culture, history and genealogy.
Please have a look the various websites for information on all the celebrations throughout Ireland next year.