“Great Location, Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff”

Waterford Marina Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Lincoln, UK
“Great Location, Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed at the Waterford Marina for one night. Unlike many other waterfront hotels in Waterford, this hotel has free and secure parking. Staff were very helpful, even arranging that the football match I wanted to watch was on TV in the bar whilst I unpacked my case. Rooms are spacious, warm and comfortable and the location is lovely, right by the waterside. A really good hotel for the price. My only gripe would be that the room service menu is quite limited and not to my particular taste so I got a takeway from the excellent Thai restaurant across the road.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience of the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers and I am delighted to see that the staff looked after you. Just in relations to the Room Service Menu, it is shorter than the other menus but that doesn't mean you can't order from the wide variety of dishes available on our Waterfront Bar/Restaurant menus and please feel free the next time you visit Waterford on business to look at these menus.
I look forward to meeting you in the future and assuring you of our best and personal attention at all times.
Karen Dollery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Our trip to Waterford didn't work out quite how we expected! We arrived in the evening and were very happy with the location by the river, just a short 5 minute walk from Waterford Crystal and another 10 minutes on that you get to the main shops and restaurants around town.

On our first evening just after settling in we went to a restaurant for dinner and on leaving my brother sprained his ankle tripping on a step. We made it back to the hotel by taxi but on seeing how his ankle was swelling we contacted reception for help. They were marvelous. They got us in touch with the on-call nurse, turned up at the door with ice before we even asked for it, on the nurses advice we headed to the hospital and the manager helped us down to the door, ordered us a taxi, and all the staff from cleaning to reception to kitchen were most helpful over the next day that he was stuck in the room and to our departure the day after that. Just couldn't have done more to help and be sympathetic.

We had a riverside room with a lovely view. Beds were comfortable, bathrooms fine, standard sized rooms. Internet connection was excellent and TV had a good range of channels. Room service arrived promptly and the food was very tasty and the menu okay. Secure parking is available around the back of the hotel, on the ground floor of the parking structure.

I would be delighted to visit Waterford again to explore the things we missed out on this time and would definitely choose Waterford Marina as my first choice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on Tripadvisor about the Waterford Marina Hotel, its staff and rooms. Unfortunatley due to the circumstances, you both spent more time in your room than most guests and I am delighted to read that you and your brother got home safe and sound. I spoke to the staff who looked after you and they were delighted with the gift you left for them on your departure, it was unneccessary but very much appreciated.
There are lots of plans for Waterford City over the next 13 months, we have a fantastic month long Christmas Festival 'Winterval' starting in November plus a huge line up for the Gathering 2013 so If I can be of help to you looking at suitable dates please do not hesitate to contact me. We would welcome the opportunity to meet you again and give you the full tour of the City.
Email - gm@waterfordmarinahotel.com
Tel 051 856600
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The Hotel is in a great spot by the River and just a few minutes walk into the City Centre. Staff are very helpful, rooms are a little dated but clean and a great breakfast! When you are lloking for a good base the Marina offers this and more.

Room Tip: River view room as there is nothing like the sun (or rain) bouncing of the River!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience of the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadivsor readers. I see that you and your family enjoyed your visit to Waterford and I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your breakfast before seting off on your travels.
I fully agree that you looking out over the River Suir, whatever the weather, is a great asset to us and a tonic for us all.
Looking forward to meeting you and your family again in the future.
Belfast
Reviewed 7 November 2012

The Marina Hotel is a reasonably priced hotel alongside the River Suir in Waterford. Some parking outside the hotel but the hotel advises parking in the hotel's gated 'sort of underground' car park which seems to be quite secure. The quays, theatre and town centre are close by and Waterford has lots of restaurants.The hotel rooms are rather basic but comfortable . The breakfast was excellent and the staff friendly. Although they seem to have a toaster which only toasts the bread on one side.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadivsor after your recent business trip to the City. Your comments regarding our carpark, location, rooms, breakfast and staff are very much appreciated and I would like to apologise for the glitch with the toaster, next time you visit I can promise you properly toasted bread.
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed here on a saturday night was at a wedding in a near by hotel.. Check in was swift . Room was basic and didn't have a flat screen tv which I found odd because most hotels do these days.. Hotel has free wi-fi and a free car park. Served the purpose for a night out but dunno would I stay there again

• Stayed November 2012
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to ream that check in was good and the free WIFI and parking was of benefit to you during your visit. I am dissappointed to read that you are unsure if you would return and I would like the opportunity to convince you to return to us in the future, not only for our excellant location with free WIFI and parking but to experience our usualy high standard to customer care in all departments. We have a fabulous Christmas Festival in the city and maybe this will be an ideal time to visit us again - the Winterval website has all the dates and details.
Dublin
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed here in September for a girls weekend. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel is close to all the action. Beautiful setting close to the river. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
I am delighted to read that you all enjoyed your Girls weekend in September and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers. I agree with you that we have a great location beside the river and only a short walk to all the culture, shopping and nightlife that Waterford City has to offer.
We would be delighted to welcome you and your friends back at any time in the future for any occasion.
wexford
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Rooms are clean! Free car park ,very close to city centre ! Excellent priced for being right in city ,great music at night !view over river is lovely ,only thing I can fault is beds are very small , meals in bar are lovely and nicely priced .will be rebooking very soon , to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for sharing such a lovely review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us in the Waterford Marina Hotel. You have mentioned the rooms, carpark, location, price, music, food and most importantly that you will return very soon. I would be delighted to welcome you back and please request a riverview room to add to you visit.